Posts tagged motherhood
The award-winning actress’s organization, The Honest Company, helps mothers find the perfect products for their little bundles of joy.
July 26th, 2012 | 10:22 AM
Superstar Jessica Alba has successfully found a way to balance the demands of Hollywood with motherhood (she’s mom to Honor, 4, and Haven, 1), charity work, and starting her own business, The Honest Company.
Like the superheroes she’s played in blockbuster films (she totally rocks in family-fave The Fantastic Four), The Honest Company is to the rescue — helping take some of the daily stresses of mommyhood off your shoulders. Alba created the company to help simplify your life with everything from bundle and save monthly subscriptions to diapers and wipes to the most useful personal care and home cleaning products. They really thought of everything!
An added bonus: The Honest Company prides itself on being an active member of the B Corp community, which is “dedicated to making a profound social difference, safeguarding people and the planet, and making efforts to be better business.” Plus, a portion of every dollar earned goes to their charitable partner Baby2Baby.org, a non-profit that supplies local families in need of assistance.
Click here to purchase this amazing Honest Company offer.
Here are some products we are going crazy over:
- Honest Diapers Bundle: They’ll ship a full month’s supply (based on average usage) of ultra-premium Honest Diapers & Wipes—never do a late night diaper run again!
- Family Essentials Bundle: Enjoy a monthly shipment of the personal care & home cleaning products you need and use most — all of which are derived from natural and organic ingredients.
- Honest Healing Balm: Filled with USDA certified organic essential oils, this healing balm soothes delicate skin, while helping to prevent future diaper rash, and is versatile and safe to use on minor cuts and scrapes, Mom’s dry skin, and Dad’s razor burns.
- Honest Hand Sanitizer: Anywhere, anytime sanitize and moisturize your hands on contact without drying out your skin with our formula that naturally uses wood cellulose and vegetable glycerin to thicken 62% alcohol into a gel (regular application provides continual antimicrobial protection). Available in 2 oz. bottles too!
- Honest Laundry Detergent: Our advanced plant-based detergent cleans stubborn stains, dirt, food, and life’s unexpected messes – all with a neutral pH — so it’s perfect for babies and sensitive skin and is suitable for all your family’s laundry.
- Honest Multi-Surface Cleaner: This advanced plant-based cleaner is great at eliminating dirt, grime, and tiny fingerprints without leaving behind a toxic residue, making it prefect for cleaning kitchen countertops, bathroom fixtures, high chairs, toys, and more!
Behind every great athlete is someone who believes in them.
July 23rd, 2012 | 2:43 PM
Being a Mom is truly the best job. It’s hardly the most glamorous, but it’s always the most rewarding. So when Proctor and Gamble led a “Best Job” campaign in collaboration with the 2012 Summer Olympics that showcased the powerhouse behind each Olympic athlete, we were thrilled here at Plum District.
We always love sharing the power of the Mom. Now it’s your turn to share the power of the individual with your children as the countdown to the 2012 Summer Olympics begins. As the world’s best athletes parade this summer on screen, now is the time to teach them about endurance, strength, fortitude, and passion.
With the backbone of a great Mom like you, children can learn successful characteristics of a determined, dedicated, and powerful athlete — Olympic material or not. Lead a discussion in your house as you catch gymnasts, swimmers, runners, cyclists and others perform.
It’s not hard to get excited about the Summer Olympics — whether your family has decided to make a nightly ritual of watching the athletes perform or you’re planning on throwing a party for the kickoff event on July 27 – the world stage is set for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. Go get ‘em, Mom!