Posts tagged Hollywood
Valentine's Day is here - so bust out your favorite romance films for a love story quiz that puts you in some classic Hollywood films
February 13th, 2013 | 5:28 AM
Everyone has a fairytale fantasy inspired by one of their favorite romance films. So we’re asking the questions* this Valentine’s Day that you might not have thought to ask – instantly delivering you to some of the most classic, and romantic, love stories from Hollywood history. So pop a bag of popcorn and prepare to be whisked off your feet as you escape into one of Hollywood’s classic romantic movies and become one of it’s most celebrated characters.
*simply jot down the letter down you select for each question – answers are below!
1. What shoes couldn’t you live without?
A. I’m a sky-high gal – thigh-high pleather boots are always my go-to for a fun night on the town!
B. I am all about comfort – Keds are usually on my feet for running errands or even when I’m dancing the jig.
C. I’m all about the glamour – if I could, I’d wear turn-of-the-century velvet satin heels all day long. Beauty is pain!
D. Strappy wedges or vintage heels usually fit the bill for my run-around-the-town looks.
2. How would you describe your signature style?
A. I put a fine line between mistress and Momma, but can class it up for more social affairs.
B. I’m more of a tomboy. I like cut-off shorts and classic white tees during the hot summers, and at night I prefer simple pastel dresses and flats.
C. Statement hats, full skirts, and a beaded gown are always fashionable in my book. Plus, you can never go wrong with diamonds.
D. I love a good retro vibe – tailored suits, dresses and perfectly coifed locks. Oh, and I never leave home without my ruby red lipstick.
3. What’s your dream date night?
A. An evening at the opera followed by champagne and strawberries in his penthouse suite.
B. Dancing lessons, no question. Staying close to my true love while learning something new is so romantic.
C. Dancing an Irish jig with his friends in an underground dance hall…while chugging a beer, of course.
D. Sitting at home on the porch sipping tea and listening to him read, while I paint.
4. What are your hopes and dreams?
A. I’d like to go back to school.
B. Working for a non-profit.
C. Simply enjoying life to the fullest.
D. Focusing more on my creative side, while assisting those in need.
6. What attributes makes up your leading man?
A. He’s a savvy businessman who appreciates the finer things in life.
B. He’s good to his friends, tears it up on the dance floor and rocks a tight-t.
C. He’s your classic charming artist who is resourceful in an emergency.
D. He’s a quiet but nice country boy who knows his way around a toolbox.
7. You wish your man would whisper this in your ear …
A. “No one could look as good as you. Mercy!”
B. “I’ve had the time of my life. And I owe it all to you”
C. “Near, far, wherever you are…I believe that the heart does go on.”
D. “I’ll be looking at the moon, but seeing you.”
If you answered mostly A:
Congrats! You’re Vivian from Pretty Woman; you’re extremely self-assured and confident, but still need a man sometimes to pick you up. That’s okay, because with the kind of guy you choose, you’re set for life honey.
If you answered mostly B:
Congrats! You’re Baby from Dirty Dancing; you might seem shy at first, but once people get to know you they’ll see your heart and spirit. Try something new that you might not have considered before, and you’ll truly feel alive.
If you answered most C:
Congrats! You’re Rose from Titanic; you’re feisty and don’t play by the rules, no matter what your family might think. You think with your heart and not with your head, but this kind of adventurous spirit will work out for you in the end.
If you answered mostly D:
Congrats! You’re Allie from The Notebook; you don’t listen to stereotypes and tend to fall fast. You’re creative, lively, opinionated and passionate – and it takes you a moment to feel grounded.
The award-winning actress’s organization, The Honest Company, helps mothers find the perfect products for their little bundles of joy.
July 26th, 2012 | 10:22 AM
Superstar Jessica Alba has successfully found a way to balance the demands of Hollywood with motherhood (she’s mom to Honor, 4, and Haven, 1), charity work, and starting her own business, The Honest Company.
Like the superheroes she’s played in blockbuster films (she totally rocks in family-fave The Fantastic Four), The Honest Company is to the rescue — helping take some of the daily stresses of mommyhood off your shoulders. Alba created the company to help simplify your life with everything from bundle and save monthly subscriptions to diapers and wipes to the most useful personal care and home cleaning products. They really thought of everything!
An added bonus: The Honest Company prides itself on being an active member of the B Corp community, which is “dedicated to making a profound social difference, safeguarding people and the planet, and making efforts to be better business.” Plus, a portion of every dollar earned goes to their charitable partner Baby2Baby.org, a non-profit that supplies local families in need of assistance.
Click here to purchase this amazing Honest Company offer.
Here are some products we are going crazy over:
- Honest Diapers Bundle: They’ll ship a full month’s supply (based on average usage) of ultra-premium Honest Diapers & Wipes—never do a late night diaper run again!
- Family Essentials Bundle: Enjoy a monthly shipment of the personal care & home cleaning products you need and use most — all of which are derived from natural and organic ingredients.
- Honest Healing Balm: Filled with USDA certified organic essential oils, this healing balm soothes delicate skin, while helping to prevent future diaper rash, and is versatile and safe to use on minor cuts and scrapes, Mom’s dry skin, and Dad’s razor burns.
- Honest Hand Sanitizer: Anywhere, anytime sanitize and moisturize your hands on contact without drying out your skin with our formula that naturally uses wood cellulose and vegetable glycerin to thicken 62% alcohol into a gel (regular application provides continual antimicrobial protection). Available in 2 oz. bottles too!
- Honest Laundry Detergent: Our advanced plant-based detergent cleans stubborn stains, dirt, food, and life’s unexpected messes – all with a neutral pH — so it’s perfect for babies and sensitive skin and is suitable for all your family’s laundry.
- Honest Multi-Surface Cleaner: This advanced plant-based cleaner is great at eliminating dirt, grime, and tiny fingerprints without leaving behind a toxic residue, making it prefect for cleaning kitchen countertops, bathroom fixtures, high chairs, toys, and more!