Posts tagged health and beauty
Mom role model shares her Complete Face Care Collection for healthy, radiant skin
March 22nd, 2013 | 3:00 AM
Jaclyn Smith is an award-winning actress (and star of the renowned TV series, Charlie’s Angels), a designer, and business woman. She’s also a mother of two, and puts family first – always. While managing a legendary career and role as a mom, Jaclyn is able to maintain remarkable grace, style, and agelessness. Harper’s Bazaar named Jaclyn one of the “Most Beautiful People in the World.”
Jaclyn’s secret to a luminous appearance? A healthy lifestyle and a simple, daily skin care routine using her Complete Face Care Collection. “Consistency is key,” she says, “but you don’t want to be a slave to your skin care routine.”
In collaboration with her husband, Dr. Brad Allen – a renowned medical researcher – Jaclyn created this winning combination of luxurious, protective, and anti-aging skin care products. The collection features everything you need to follow the routine Jaclyn has used for 30 years. Each product has been carefully formulated using proven ingredients and advanced science, and together, they work in perfect harmony.
Today, you can get Jaclyn’s Complete Face Care Collection — a 3-month supply of 7 essential products — for just $99 (a $302 value), including free shipping. Use the coupon code PLUM99 at checkout. Order the collection here.
Shape it, shape it, shape that healthy butt - just in time for bathing suit season. Baby, you got back.
May 2nd, 2012 | 2:01 AM
By Heather Dawson
Heather is a District Consultant and Group Exercise Instructor in Fishers, Indiana. She’s a busy mom to four kids and enjoys teaching cardio kickboxing and body sculpting classes at the local gym.
Want to get a better booty, but don’t have time for anything but a super quick workout? You can do these exercises quickly while your little once naps, or even during the commercial breaks of the latest Real Housewives! Check out these expert tips for a quick bootylicious fix (with a little help from PD staffer/”model”, Sara).
- Stand with one leg forward and one leg back.
- Bend knees and lower down into a lunge. Try to get both legs to a 90 degree angle. Be sure your front knee doesn’t come past your toes – it should be centered right above your ankle.
- Concentrate the weight in your heel and push back up to your starting position.
- Repeat until you’ve done 15-20 reps on each side. To add difficulty, you can hold weights and rest them up on your shoulders.
- SInk into a sumo squat position.
- With your legs bent at 90 degrees, push your knees to the back of the room about 1 inch and then return to start.
- Aim for 25-30 slow pulses.
- To really challenge yourself, do another round of this exercise while in a sumo squat on your toes!
Sumo Penguin Walk
- Begin in a sumo squat position where your toes are angled to the corners of the room, knees are bent at a 90 degree angle, and chest is lifted. Don’t sit back into this squat – go straight down.
- Staying in a low squat with feel pointed out, walk forward for 8 and then walk back to your starting position.
- Repeat this 6-8 times.
Side Band Walk
- This exercise requires a circular resistance band to put around your ankles.
- Start with feet hip width apart and a slight bend in the knees.
- Hold your core tight and step out to the side with your right foot, and then bring your left foot back to the starting position. Continue moving right until you’ve taken 10 large steps.
- Repeat moving left.
- Aim for 2-3 sets moving right and left.
- Lie on your back, with your knees bent.
- Raise your hips in the air to create a bridge.
- Keeping your hips raised, slowly lift and lower your hip aiming for 25-30 pulses.
- To finish, hold your hips in the air and alternate lifting your hips by squeezing your glute muscles one at a time. Aim for 12-15 pulses on each side.
Follow these tips and you’re just ten minutes away from a better behind. (Right, Sara?)