This is a 5-day sale you don't need to get out of bed for!
November 20th, 2011 | 11:39 PM
This holiday season we know that you are working hard to find great shopping deals so you can check off everyone on your list and still give them a fabulous gift. This year, Plum District is committed to bringing you a convenient solution to find awesome gifts and maintain your budget. Join us for SHOP ‘til you DROP this week – from Black Friday through Cyber Monday and into Tuesday we are featuring the BEST deals at a serious discount.
Stay tuned for some of your favorite local deals from merchants you love, and ones we can’t wait for you to check out. We will also be featuring some of your favorite Everywhere deals like ecomom, Abe’s Market, Kidorable, Little Seed, as well as a few others you won’t want to miss!
Just check your inbox Thursday for a special invitation to start saving ASAP, and a discount that is sure to make every mom thankful!
See what Plum District moms are saying about shopping this year
November 16th, 2011 | 5:04 PM
The holidays are here and you know what that means. It’s time to shop ’til you drop! We conducted a survey of almost 1000 Plum District members all over the country who had purchased one of our deals within the last 90 days.
Here are some of the interesting things you told us:
- During this holiday season, nine out of ten moms will purchase gifts from daily deal sites. That means the lines at the malls just dramatically decreased for the new, more convenient way to shop online because just 54% of participants actually plan on going to the mall. There’s nothing easier than clicking and saving!
- 57% of participants agreed that there is absolutely nothing wrong with re-gifting if you think someone else will appreciate a certain gift more than you. Think about your non-country loving friend winning backstage passes to meet Keith Urban, and re-gifting her winnings to you because you think Keith Urban is to die for! In a case like this, re-gifting rocks!
- Four in five moms will shop more daily deal sites this year than last year and nine in ten moms will shop online this holiday season, versus only half that plan to shop at malls.
- One out of three moms prefer to rely on the internet for gift ideas rather than listening to the suggestions of their own spouses! Shockingly, only 8% of surveyors ask their spouse for gifting ideas. No offense spouses, but the internet has millions of ideas that you may never have considered unless you stumbled upon it online! Lucky for these one out of three moms, Plum District has already organized gift lists for her, him, teachers, kids, pets, and great stocking stuffers. Doesn’t get better and more convenient than that.
So this holiday, savor the season, trim your own tree, skip the lines, and shop online at www.plumdistrict.com! Moms know the new best way to shop is online daily deal sites.
November 14th, 2011 | 4:48 PM
For the past 25 years, Coats for Kids has provided new and gently used coats to eligible children and teenagers in Central Texas. Last year, over 35,000 Central Texas youth received coats.
Where do all of these coats come from? From the generous Austin commuinty and Austin-area schools. Each year the Coat Drive Competition brings in thousands of coats for Coats for Kids. You can help your school win the Coat Drive Competition by simply choosing the school you’d like to get credit for your $15 donation. Each $15 donation buys a coat for a Central Texas child. Your online donation could also help your school’s PTA receive $500! Plum District is donating $500 to the school with the most online donations, so spread the word.
The best part? Plum District will also be giving 10% of Austin deal sales back to Coats for Kids during the Coat Drive Competition, so check out our great holiday deals as well!
You give the gift of a Plum District voucher and we'll give you $5 Plum Dollars!
November 13th, 2011 | 10:08 PM
When it comes to the holidays there are two kinds of shoppers … the shopper who plans and the shopper who procrastinates! We’ve all been guilty of buying that last-minute gift and paying full price to avoid disappointing a loved one. This year we want to help you plan for everyone on your list and do it with savvy shopping flair! All week — Monday 11/14/11 through 11/18/11 — Plum District will give you $5 Plum Dollars for every deal you buy as a gift. Shopping and saving is just a click away!
This week you might also notice some new tags on our deals. To help you find the perfect gifts for everyone on your list, these nifty tags will keep you from having to sift through all the details to see if it is a good deal for Dad or Mom. For those of you who have a long list to keep track of, download this great little holiday checklist on REAL SIMPLE’s site. START SHOPPING NOW!
Gift and Get Terms and Conditions:
- Earn $5 Plum Dollars for every Plum Deal purchased Monday 11/14/11 12am PT through 11/18/11 11:59pm PT
- $5 Plum Dollars cannot be earned for purchasing Plum Steals
- Eligible Plum Deal may be purchased using promotional discounts and Plum Dollars
- Plum Dollars will be deposited into customer’s account within 24 hours of transaction and will not be immediately available after qualifying purchase
- No minimum or maximum purchase to qualify
- Plum Dollars will not be deposited for purchases made prior to the promotion start date or after the promotion end date
Plum District Austin partners with Coats for Kids to help families in need prepare for winter
November 8th, 2011 | 3:25 PM
After Austin’s sweltering summer, most of us are ready to welcome winter with open arms — finally, a break from the endless 100-degree days! For many Central Texas families, however, cold weather can bring new challenges. Buying new coats for growing kids is costly and often falls to the bottom of a long list of expenses. Thankfully, Austin has Coats for Kids!
Celebrating its 25th year, Coats for Kids is an annual community project that collects and distributes warm winter coats to eligible children and teenagers in Central Texas. Last year, Coats for Kids distributed 35,157 new and gently used coats to young people in Central Texas. Where do all these coats come from? From people like you: Austin moms who love their community!
Each year Austin moms (and dads!) work with their local schools to help facilitate coat drives to support Coats for Kids, bringing in thousands of coats. This year’s Coat Drive Competition (sponsored by the Junior League of Austin) officially kicks off November 11 and goes through November 30!
This year, Plum District is excited to partner with Coats for Kids to provide an online donation opportunity for all schools participating in the Coat Drive Competition. This is the perfect option to get friends, family, neighbors, grandparents, etc. involved!
Why should you get your school involved? Plum District will be donating $500 to the PTA of the school with the most online donations! The best part is that Plum District Austin will also give 10% of sales during the Coat Drive Competition back to Coats for Kids!
Register your school today! Once you’re registered, you’ll receive additional information on how to conduct your own coat drive and collect coats and online donations. What a great tradition to bring to your school!
$10 Plum Dollars Back on Tuesday, November 8th at 12:00pm PT When You Shop on Our New Mobile Site Today
November 7th, 2011 | 12:00 AM
Did you know that two thirds of moms shop with their smart phones? With today’s mom being more mobile than ever it only makes sense that Plum District have a mobile site that makes Mom’s life easier! Today we are thrilled to announce the official launch of our new mobile site. And to make things even sweeter if you shop from your mobile phone today and buy anything on our site (yes, anything!) we will deposit $10 Plum Dollars in your account on Tuesday, November 8th at 12:00pm PT. Now clicking through a deal from your email just got a whole lot easier!
Rules and Restrictions -
- Use your mobile device with web browsing that supports HTML5 and purchase anything on the site to earn your $10 Plum Dollars
- $10 will be deposited into your account by 11/8/11 at 12:00pm PT.
- Only good for purchases made 12am to 11:59pm PT Monday 11/7/11
- One $10 credit available per customer
- $10 will not be retroactively credited for any other purchases from any other devices
- For any questions or inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Plum District and Shutterfly are teaming up with the best photographers in your area for an extra-special deal.
October 31st, 2011 | 11:03 PM
The holidays are right around the corner, and that means it’s time to round up your brood for the annual holiday card. At Plum District we understand that capturing your picture-perfect family is important and that’s why we’ve teamed up with Shutterfly to help make this yearly chore as seamless as possible.
Starting today until November 14, we will be bringing you fantastic deals from the finest photographers near you. These talented shutterbugs are offering can’t-be beat photo packages that you won’t want to pass up. With more than 50% off most deals, you’ll get that fantastic family shoot and stay on budget. But that’s not all — we’ll give you a $20 promotional discount gift to spend on Shutterfly holiday cards!
So how do you find these amazing deals NOW? It’s as quick and easy as saying, “Cheese!” Just locate a photography deal baring the Shutterfly tag and you’re on your way to amazing savings.
When you make your purchase you will receive two unique Plum District vouchers — one for your photography session and one to save $20 on your purchase of holiday cards on Shutterfly.
Visit Shutterfly for tips on how to make sure your family photo day is a singing success, then learn how to design and style your holiday card.
2011 truly is the year of the picture-perfect holiday card!
Get your holiday cards and gifting done early this year
October 25th, 2011 | 6:05 PM
Plum District wants you to give you a head start on your holiday gift-giving before your pumpkin is even carved! Starting today the punchy, popular Erin Condren collection will be featured on Plum District for a full five days! Get $50 value on Erin’s site for just $25 through this exclusive Plum District deal, curated especially by moms, for moms. Check out the deal!
Fabulous finds for your paper-obsessed best friend, the teacher who likes to plan in style, or maybe your mother-in-law who dreams of a calendar adorned with your kids pictures month after month. You can even check something off your list – holiday cards! Make your holiday cards stand out from the rest and order your personalized one of a kind Holiday cards today.
Surprise your BFF with this super cute notepad!
Spice up your child’s teacher life and show your appreciation by gifting this retro planner.
Make sure every grandparent sees their grandchildren’s face every day with this photo calendar.
Make your season EXTRA jolly with these fabulous holiday cards.
Raising awareness about a disease that touches all of us
October 19th, 2011 | 11:40 AM
It’s hard to believe October is already in full swing. Fall, to me, is all about colors – the leaves are changing, orange and black inspired Jack-O-Lanterns are everywhere you turn, and pink ribbons are proudly displayed all over the city in support of Breast Cancer Awareness month. From charity runs to pink ties to billboards, the “Think Pink” logo and what it stands for reminds us all of the brave women who have battled this serious disease.
The Plum District family believes it is very important to take a moment to acknowledge and reflect on an illness that has affected all of us in some way or another; whether you have gone through treatment yourself, or have seen your mother, sister, aunt, grandma, teacher, cousin, or best friend go through it.
I saw the devastating effects of breast cancer when my Great Aunt Eva passed away when I was 11 years old. She was diagnosed in her 50s and passed away when she was only 64. She was my mom’s favorite aunt and one of the happiest people I have ever known. Even in sickness, she always knew how to make others smile and feel important. She left us far too soon and I miss her dearly.
Although great strides have been made in cancer research since Aunt Eva passed away, there is so much more we need to do in the race to find a cure. So what can you do? Raise awareness, educate yourself, and – most importantly – get regular mammograms. If you have gone through treatment, it is important to remember you are not alone. As women, it is important to support and talk to each other. Communication is a powerful tool!
Feel free to share your story with Plum District. I would love to hear about your experiences and what you have been doing to raise awareness.
For more information check out www.breastcancer.org.
We are going to deposit $5 Plum Dollars into your account tomorrow for every Plum Deal you purchase today!
October 16th, 2011 | 11:59 PM
Who says Mondays can’t be fun? At Plum District we have decided to pronounce today “Monday Funday!” To celebrate this joyous occasion we are going to deposit $5 Plum Dollars into your account tomorrow for every Plum Deal you purchase today! So shop around, buy a deal (or two) you love, and we’ll do the rest.
Plum District’ s Terms and Conditions for Earning Your $5 Plum Dollars
- Promotion available Monday 10/17/11 12:00am PDT through 11:59pm PDT only.
- Plum Steals do not qualify for $5 Plum Dollars.
- For each deal you purchase we will deposit $5 Plum Dollars in your account. If you purchase multiple vouchers for one Plum Deal, you’ll receive multiple $5 Plum Dollar bonuses in your account.
- Please allow up to 24 hours for your Plum Dollars to be deposited.
- Not valid for cash or cash equivalent.
- Deals cannot be put on hold during offer period. All sales are final.
- Offer is not transferable or valid for resale.
- For all questions and concerns regarding promotion please email email@example.com.
- Limited quantities available.