Our ‘Hot Summer, Cool Books’ Sweepstakes is Here! Enter For a Chance to Win $1000+ in Gift Cards to I See Me!
June 16th, 2014 | 9:00 PM
Through July 2nd, Plum District is partnering with I See Me to give away $1,000+ in personalized kids’ books and gifts to 23 lucky members!
Starting tomorrow, 2 lucky winners will be chosen daily (Monday-Friday) to receive a $35 gift certificate. On the final day, 2 Grand Prize winners will win $100 gift certificates! Winners can use their prizes toward personalized books or gifts on www.ISeeMe.com.
And remember, even if you win a $35 gift certificate you can still win the Grand Prize! For more chances to win, continue sharing your unique bit.ly link (that you receive upon entering) with friends and family.
Click here to enter the sweepstakes and receive your bit.ly link: http://bit.ly/1n6JesM
Click here for the terms and conditions.
Featured on The TODAY Show and in Parents Magazine, and popular among celebrity parents including Jessica Alba, Brooke Shields, and Courtney Cox – I See Me! offers unique, personalized books and gifts for children. Each award-winning book and gift is created to make your child feel special. I See Me! Books have been developed for every age and stage from birth to 8 years old, ensuring you’ll find an option you and your child will love. Their storybooks and gifts celebrate your little one’s uniqueness while teaching them how to spell their own name, developing vocabulary skills, and build confidence. All books are beautifully illustrated and written by award-winning children’s authors. Their kid-loved gifts include personalized puzzles, stickers, coloring & activity books, growth charts, lunch boxes and more. Share the gift of reading with a book from I See Me! today!
Click here to enter the sweepstakes: http://bit.ly/1n6JesM
May 19th, 2014 | 1:07 PM
Just for Plum Members, FabKids.com is offering $5 kids’ shoes for boys and girls. You’ll receive free shipping and exchanges on your first order.
Founded by mom and actress Christina Applegate, FabKids.com delivers high quality, read-to-play clothing, shoes, and accessories that are personalized just for your little one. Moms nationwide love their affordable prices and fresh styles, which have been featured in WWD, People Magazing, Daily Candy Kids, and babble.
Here’s how FabKids.com works:
1. Style Quiz: Create a profile to help their stylists learn your child’s personal style.
2. FabShop: Each month, you’ll be presented with a handpicked selection of new FabShop outfits and styles to choose from.
3. Save: All FabKids outfits start at just $29.95; styles start at $14.95; and there’s free shipping on your first order!
May 9th, 2014 | 12:06 PM
May 8th, 2014 | 10:58 AM
Even the little ones will get excited about this Mother’s Day Brunch menu. Hand these recipes over to Dad, or gather everyone in the kitchen for a Mother’s Day cooking party! We wish you all a wonderful and delicious Sunday morning with your family.
April 17th, 2014 | 12:54 PM
Today, Plum District’s kicking off Summer Camps and Camp Gear! We’re lining up everything from traditional day camps and enrichment programs to sports and performing arts camps, so you can sign up your little ones for an incredible summer. Check in with us often so you don’t miss anything!
Here are 10 questions to ask before signing up your little one – to help ensure they have a healthy, happy summer camp experience:
1) Is my child ready for summer camp?
- Assess your child’s maturity and social skills. Do they relate well and have good friends? Are they amenable and agreeable? If so, they’re already off to a good start.
- Next, your child should have the basic skills needed for the camp you’re considering (computer knowledge, sports skills, etc).
- For overnight camps: Has your child had positive sleepover experiences with friends or relatives? If so, they’ll probably be just fine. If they’re excited about the idea of going away, that’s a good sign.
2) What camp is best for my child?
- Choose a subject your child is comfortable with, and something they’re naturally interested in. Don’t send them off to computer camp if they’d rather be playing basketball. They won’t be a happy camper.
3) What about cost?
- Start with tuition, then find out if there are extra fees for activities, meals, transportation, or extended hours. Can you afford the total amount?
- Check to see if it’s a half-day or full-day camp, and look at the program cost per hour. What will my child do during those hours? What will my child take away when camp’s over?
- Most camps offer financial assistance. Inquire sooner rather than later if you need a helping hand. Options may include: financial aid, scholarships, deferred payment plans, sliding scale tuition, and discounts for bringing a friend.
4) What’s the camp’s philosophy?
- It should be one you’re comfortable with as a parent. Think about the kind of experience you want your child to have.
- Some questions to ask: Is the camp interactive and hands on? Is it focused on collaboration or competition? Do campers apply concepts to real word situations? Is there much unstructured social time?
- Speak with a camp official if that would be helpful.
5) Who’s leading the camp?
- Find out the Director’s background and how long they’ve been directing the camp.
- As for staff, some camps employ high school and college students – others require college degrees, more experience, and various certifications. High school and college students can make great counselors, but make sure they’re engaged and interested in interacting with children rather than just trying to make some summer money.
6) What’s the ratio of staff to campers?
- ACA guidelines for overnight camps call for a 1:6 ratio for ages 7-8, 1:8 for ages 9-14, and 1:10 for ages 15-18. Day camp guidelines call for 1:8 for ages 6-8, 1:10 for ages 9-14, and 1:12 for ages 15-18.
7) What procedures are in place to keep my child safe?
- All staff should have background checks and be trained in CPR and First Aid.
- EMTs should be nearby.
- Lifeguards should be present at camps involving water.
- If transportation is necessary, all drivers should be licensed and trained, and all vehicles inspected.
8) What things are most important to you personally?
- For some parents, it’s the quality of facilities. For others, food allergy prevention is critical. If you’re religious, are there services?
- Think about what you and your child must have, and if the camp provides that.
9) What’s the camp’s approach to discipline and how is conflict handled between campers?
- Find out what the camp rules are. The camps practices should generally be in line with your parenting practices.
- Ask a camp official about conflict resolution. If conflict does occur, it’s important that counselors treat it as a ‘growth opportunity’. They should ask the campers how the conflict arose, how it could’ve been handled differently, and how to move forward in a positive way.
10) What do others say about the camp?
- Learn about it’s reputation: it’s return rates, accreditation status, and references.
- For camper return rate, 50% is good (more is better, of course).
- For staff return rate, anywhere between 40-60% is common. A high return rate suggests the camp is well-managed and can help preserve the traditions that create bonding among campers. If the rate is lower, ask why.
- Do a site visit, tour the camp, and get a sense of whether or not the kids are happy and engaged. There’s nothing like seeing it in action!
April 15th, 2014 | 1:00 PM
Our ‘Celebrating Our Members’ Sweepstakes was a HUGE success! Throughout March and April, we awarded $15,000 worth of prizes to 93 wonderful families! Plum would also like to give a special ’thank you’ to the 19 amazing, mom-loved brands that contributed merchandise. Thank you, again, to all who participated. Keep an eye on your Plum email for our next giveaway! Below are the winners and some responses – our favorite part of the entire sweepstakes:
Week One Winners
Registered Spot in Harlem Globetrotters Summer Basketball Clinic for Kids and (2) Show Tickets to Watch Harlem Globetrotters Live (5)
Mia Dentice, Keri Estes-Cimorelli, Molly Raymer Mohramann, Sonia Beshiri, Laura Cherevchenko
“WOOT WOOT! THANK YOU! My son is REALLY GONNA ENJOY THIS!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the wonderful opportunity!!!!!!!!!!!!!” – Mia
$100 Gift Certificate to Frecklebox (5)
Yahney Benitez, Paula Skeans, Catherine McNichol, Lindsay Carmichael, Ioana Churchill
”Thank you so much! My daughter is already shopping she is thrilled with the giftcard.” – Paula
6-Month Subscription to NatureBox (5)
Linda Givens, Cordelia Bland, Nichi Mitchell, Caleigh Bohner, April Godden
“Thank You so much I cant wait to start enjoying my snacks” – Caleigh
Denise Clark Phillips, Hollylynn Ford, Kelle Bradford Hays, Regina Angerman, Chessie Shaw
$100 Gift Certificate to Plae (5)
Jodi Jett, Christina Lowe Hoffman, Yana Urshanskiy, Cayla Barden, Jenny-Ann Lally
“So super excited to be one of the winners :)” – Yana
$100 Gift Certificate to Radio Flyer (5)
Shana Hess, Stephanie Waychoff, Kristen Rhodas, Vanessa Madrigal, Carla Robertson Foust
Week Two Winners
lillebaby Complete Baby Carrier (5)
Tammy McNamee, Julia Clark, Jasmine Plough, Jill Balestro, Alexi LesChander
“Thank you so much!!! I’m so excited to use this carrier!” – Julia
3-Month Subscription to David’s Cookies (5)
Shalin Shultz, Monique Hanson-Keeler, Michella Cook Tenneson, Lillian Guzlowski, Robin Childress
$100 Gift Certificate to Essential DermCare (5)
Jessica Koepp, Candy Semenuk, Sarah Cortell Vandersypen, Susan Hinmon, Jenny McCambridge
“Thank you!! Can’t wait to spend away!” – Jenny
$100 Gift Certificate to tinyme
Maris Xayaboupha, Mary Beth Klotzbach, Shirisha Prodduturi, Deanna Kiristis Phillips, Alisha Goins, Anne DiPace, Elisa Constantini, Tosha Sweat, Alena Kwiatkowski, Becky VanGinkel
“Thank You!! I can’t wait to try Tinyme” – Alisha
Printed Canvas from Canvas People (5)
Susan Benson, Heidi Proetz Burns, Lisa Letoto-Ohata, Joyce Hanooman, Cassandra Eastman
“Thank you SO much!!! I’m absolutely thrilled to be a winner this week! This made my day. I’ll be keeping an eye out for an email from Canvas People. I can’t wait!…I’m so happy to be a Plum member, I really enjoy it :)” – Cassandra
Language Sets from Little Pim (5)
Sara Breuninger, Jen Heptinstall, Robin Cartwright, Jennifer Kaschner, Karen Machiorlatti-Waldron
“Thank you, my son will now be learning Italian, Grazie” – Karen
Apple Park Gift Basket (5)
Christen Jeckell, Gianna Borden, Ebonie Williamson, Stacy Himpelmann, Shanna Uptergrove
“I’m so excited about this. THANK YOU!!” – Ebonie
Week Three Winners
$100 Gift Certificate to SCOUT (5)
Darlene Ryan, Holly Gretencord, Hannah Sabo, Misty Farmer, Trudy Hunter
$100 Gift Certificate to LeSportsac (5)
Evelyn Hernandez, Kathleen Treharne, Shirley Shaw, Deanna Benner, Pam Villegas
“Thanks Plum District I will enjoy this gift immensely” – Evelyn
1-Year Premium Membership to Urban Sitter (5)
Melissa Tippie, Erica Goodier, Jessica Pinaula, Tammy Redmoon, Teresa Neeley
Grand Prize Week Winners
$500 Gift Certificates to Mini Boden (3)
Meg Tucker, Jennifer Shiflett, Alina Prodan
“Thank you so much Plum District and Boden Clothing!!! with 3 little ones, this prize couldn’t have come at a better time!!!” – Alina
“oh my gosh!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! we are FREAKING OUT in excitement over here!!!!” – Jen
$1000 Gift Certificate to The Land of Nod (2)
Catalina Dib, Leslie Brecht
“THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I Love Plum District even more Now! You always have good products And deals!” – Catalina
“I’ve posted on the Plum District page and will soon do the same for Land of Nod. I cannot express how grateful we are in words alone. We have been searching for a nice dresser for my 3-year-old daughter’s bedroom that we could afford and could be something she would have for years…She will be so happy to have a “big girl” dresser and my husband and I are relieved that we can adjust our budget to fit some other needs…All because of the generosity of Plum District and Land of Nod. You both are wonderful!” – Leslie
“What an awesome prize to have won! I can’t wait to parade my little one around in our new Smart Lux Compact Stroller! Thanks Phil&Teds and Plum District for making my year and continuing to have such amazing products!” – Melisa
phil&teds™ Navigator Stroller (1)
“I am still in shock that I won!!!! Thank you so much! I can’t wait to use my new stroller” – Amanda
Mountain Buggy® Cosmopolitan Stroller (1)
April 6th, 2014 | 9:00 PM
It’s Grand Prize Week of Plum District’s “Celebrating Our Members” Sweepstakes! Check out below to see what’s up for grabs, and details about what you can win for yourself and your family.
Click here to enter the sweepstakes: http://bit.ly/1oflMLl
Grand Prize Week Winners will be chosen and notified on Monday, April 7th. Click here for the terms and conditions.
PRIZE: (3) $500 Gift Certificates to Mini Boden
In 2002, Mini Boden brought their immensely popular British designs to the U.S., and in 2007, they expanded their line with Mini Boden – quickly becoming a favorite among families around the globe. Mini Boden offers brilliant basics designed for mixing, matching, and layering – letting kids do what they do best: have fun! Their boys’ and girls’ lines (ages 1.5-12) feature delightful prints, Brit-inspired animal appliqués, clean lines, and pops of bright color. Mini Boden clothing is carefully crafted with long-lasting materials to be outgrown, not outworn. Click here to check out their spring and summer styles!
PRIZE: (1) Smart Lux Stroller and (1) Navigator Stroller from phil&teds™ or (1) Cosmopolitan Stroller from Mountain Buggy®
phil&teds’ stroller revolutionizes the way parents think about safety and convenience. The Smart Lux Stroller is a luxurious and compact single stroller with a sleek, urban design that easily rolls over bumpy paths. It features air-filled rear wheels, front wheel suspension, all-terrain maneuverability, and 21 riding options to grow with your child from newborn to 4+ years. The Navigator Stroller is compact yet fully-featured, and adapts to take 1 to 2 children from newborn to 5 years. It features 26 different riding options, ultra-light handling, rear-facing seat functionality, auto stop™ inline™ which keeps the stroller from rolling away, and much more. Last but not least, the Mountain Buggy Cosmopolitan Stroller features a convertible seat that offers 3 versatile modes to accommodate newborns to 4 year olds. It allows you to easily alternate between forward-facing, rear-facing, or lie-flat modes – with a no fuss, swift motion! The Smart Lux Stroller retails at $399.99 and is available on Amazon, the Navigator Stroller retails for $499.99 and is available on BuyBuyBaby, and the Mountain Buggy Cosmopolitan Stroller retails for $549.99 and is also available on BuyBuyBaby. Check out these innovative, safety-certified strollers from phil&teds’ here and from Mountain Buggy here.
PRIZE: (2) $1000 Gift Certificate to The Land of Nod
From the creators of Crate&Barrel, The Land of Nod offers a large selection of adorable home items for kids that turn any bedroom or playroom into a beautiful sanctuary. Shop kids’ furniture, bedding, storage, and other contemporary decor. In addition, they offer toys and gifts including imaginary play toys, arts & crafts, musical instruments, wooden toys, outdoor toys, bath time toys, books, playhouses, and much more. Plus, together, you and your little one can enjoy personalizing sleeping bags, towels, blankets, wall art, growth charts, pillows, and more on their site! Start browsing and customizing kids’ products here.
To enter for a chance to win, click here: http://bit.ly/1oflMLl If you’ve already signed up, don’t forget to continue sharing your unique bit.ly link to increase your chances of winning!
April 4th, 2014 | 3:00 AM
These delightful recipes are fun to make together in the kitchen — or, create them ahead of time and bring them out for the children on Easter day!
March 30th, 2014 | 3:00 AM
It’s Week Three of Plum District’s “Celebrating Our Members” Sweepstakes! Check out below to see what’s up for grabs, and details about what you can win for yourself and your family.
Click here to enter the sweepstakes: http://bit.ly/1oflMLl
Winners for Week 3 will be chosen and notified on Monday, April 7th. Click here for the terms and conditions.
PRIZE: (5) $100 Gift Certificates to SCOUT
Featured in Pregnancy & Newborn and Real Simple, SCOUT is an active and casual lifestyle brand that offers custom travel bags, coolers, lunch bags, picnic totes, storage bins, and more. You can even personalize bags with a name or monogram to make it special and unique to you and your family. Have fun designing your items while choosing from 334 styles, 11 color, 6 fonts, and Greek Letters! Click here to start personalizing.
PRIZE: (5) 1-Year Premium Memberships to UrbanSitter
Founded by four busy parents, UrbanSitter is a fast way to find and book babysitters and nannies personally reviewed by parents in your social circles (child’s school or sports team, moms’ groups, etc.). On UrbanSitter.com, you can filter sitters by date and time, credentials, background checks, ratings, and more – and then book instantly at the click of a button. You can find part-time, full-time, or last-minute sitters, or a qualified driver for drop-offs and pick-ups. When the job’s done, you can conveniently pay online! The 1-Year Premium Membership to UrbanSitter retails at $99.95. Start searching for sitters in your area here.
PRIZE: (5) $100 Gift Certificates to LeSportsac
LeSportsac is a leading maker of stylish and functional handbags, and has become an American icon sold in stores worldwide. They offer beautiful collections designed by icons like Stella McCartney, Diane von Furstenberg, and Gwen Stefani. Find a wide range of nylon handbags, travel bags, totes, messenger bags, backpacks, and more in a wide variety of colors and prints. All products are made from high-quality, lightweight materials that make traveling easier for on-the-go moms. Begin browsing their large collection of sporty bags and accessories here.
Click here to enter the sweepstakes: http://bit.ly/1oflMLl
March 25th, 2014 | 3:22 PM