Learn from Leading Experts; Socialize with Other Moms; Test Top Products; Enjoy Great Giveaways
May 9th, 2013 | 3:28 AM
Are you a mom or mom-to-be living living in Los Angeles? If so, join Club MomMe — the premier social and educational events community for moms and families (with new, growing locations in Orange County, Denver, Houston, and Chicago).
Club MomMe hosts 8-10 events per month featuring top experts in health, wellness, entrepreneurship, and more — all designed to help you transition from ‘Me’ to ‘MomMe.‘ The setting is fun and vibrant — filled with friends and other like-minded women — and Club MomMe provides food, drinks, and gift bags at every event! Gift bags are packed with their favorite, new products, allowing you to test things out before buying for your family. They also do giveaways with top brands and products like strollers, car seats, high chairs, baby and toddler gear, and more.
Sign up for Club MomMe in May (simply subscribe to their newsletter for any city), and you’ll automatically be entered to win a free Super MomMe Membership, a Joovy Room Pack n’ Play, a Lillebaby carrier, and a Monkey Mat playmat! Winners will be announced at the end of the month.
- Healthy Child, Healthy World Party (Fri, May 10th @ 10:30AM in Beverly Hills) — Learn simple steps you can take to protect yourself and your family.
- Mother’s Day Pamper & Play Morning (Sat, May 11th @ 10:30AM in Santa Monica) — Blowouts, mani-pedis, fat-blasting, braids, acupuncture, mommy and me crafts, photos, and more!
- Raising Grateful Kids in an Over-Indulgent World (Thurs, May 30th @7PM in Playa Vista) — Teach your kids about coping with feelings & how the world works with consequences; learn how to infuse value lessons.
- Expectant MomMe Workshop (Sat, June 8th @ 3PM in Manhattan Beach) — Prenatal yoga, Hypnobirthing, doulas and birth planning, and other topics.
To view more scheduled events, click here.
Personalized Gifts, Family & Kids' Activities, Travel Ideas, & Special Surprises
May 7th, 2013 | 12:53 PM
Here’s a sneak peek at what’s in store for you in May! Check Plum District all month long for favorite brands, surprises, and inspirations…
- 5/7-5/10: Kitsel’s personalized products and top brands for babies, kids, and moms:
- Shop Melissa & Doug, TRUMPETTE, TOOBY*DOO, Kidorable, and other favorites
- 5/7-5/12 Teacher Appreciation Gifts (also good for Mother’s Day):
- 5/12 Mother’s Day: Come see what we’ve got in store for you…
- 5/13-5/1 Jumpstart on Father’s Day:
- Family package at a gorgeous resort in Ojai, CA (golf and endless activities for all ages, top-notch amenities and dining, and more)
- Personalized, dad-loved tools for grilling and outdoor meals
- Grass-fed meats, delivered to your door
- 5/17: Have a summer birthday in your family? We’ve got great activities, venues, custom invitations, and more.
- 5/20 & 5/21 Memorial Day Planning: Discounts on accommodations at top destinations, travel bags, summer hats, kids’ crafts for road trips and planes, and airport transportation services.
- 5/22 & 5/23: Summer camp specials! We’re bring back mom and kid favorites.
Also, look out for local favorites this month like Natural History Museum (LA), The Cove Waterpark (LA/OC), 74th St. MAGIC Summer Camp (NYC), and goldstar sports and family events tickets (Yankees, Cirque du Soleil, theater, sailing & more in NYC)!
NEW, Versatile 10"x15" Size; Next-Day Shipping; Arrives Ready to Hang
May 7th, 2013 | 3:00 AM
Owned and operated by a team of parents, Fabness makes it easy to turn your favorite photos into museum-quality canvas prints. Now until May 12th, you can order a gallery-wrapped canvas in their NEW 10″x15″ size for just $9 (a $72 value). This versatile size is perfect to hang anywhere in your home or office — and makes a great gift for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, birthdays, and other occasions (hint: get one for your grad to decorate their new dorm room).
Ordering your canvas print is an easy, online process (much more user-friendly than other sites!). Simply upload a photo, choose from over 35 art effects, and use their unique ‘room preview’ to visualize your canvas before buying. Most orders ship the next day (and are delivered within 6-10 business days), and all canvases arrive ready to hang with a hook!
If you want a larger size, you’re in luck, because they’re also offering upgrades at 80% off their normal site prices.
It’s time to finally showcase your favorite memory with a beautiful, crystal-clear canvas print. And at just $9 a pop, you really can’t go wrong. Grab our offer now until May 12th, and you’ll have 3 months to create and order your canvas. CLICK HERE to get started!
Award-winning storybooks -- starring your child -- that use imaginative characters to spell out their name
May 2nd, 2013 | 3:00 AM
Maia and Allan Haag once received a personalized storybook for their son. They fell in love with the concept, but felt the story and images could be more customized to their child. Inspired to take personalized storybooks to the next level, the parents brainstormed characters and storylines — and were on a roll.
Their goal was to produce an educational book that would teach young kids how to recognize letters and spell their own name. Maia developed a business plan and fine-tuned the stories, and Allan — with a background in graphic design — identified a top illustrator. In 2000, I See Me! was born.
In the past thirteen years, Maia and Allan have formed an entire team dedicated to producing imaginative, personalized storybooks that celebrate each child. I See Me! now has a full line of books for every occasion — including holidays, birthdays, and more. Bestsellers include My Very Own Name, My Very Own Fairy Tale, and My Very Happy Birthday, which have become popular among celebrity parents like Jessica Alba, Brooke Shields, and Courtney Cox. All books come wrapped in a box (perfect for gift-giving!) and will be treasured by kids for years to come.
Today, we’re offering an exclusive 20% off your first order at I See Me! CLICK HERE to shop, and use coupon code PLUMDIS at checkout.
5 winners will receive a library of 10 personalized books! CLICK HERE to enter!
April 25th, 2013 | 3:00 AM
As a single mom working endless hours, Kathryn Tucker feared she wasn’t doing enough for her kids — and herself. At the root, her desires were simple: to be a better parent and to improve her social life. For her family, she wanted less — but better — information; for herself, she wanted a tighter connection with her community and friends.
With those concerns in mind, Kathryn started building a company that would help herself and parents with similar needs. After many long nights, RedRover was born.
RedRover is a website and mobile app that helps parents find the best kids’ activities in town and share them with friends. You can select activity dates, times, and specific invitees — plus, you can track the plan as it comes together. Each activity listing comes with relevant suggestions for nearby places to eat, play, and shop — all to create a memorable and rewarding day.
Join RedRover to see what’s happening in your neighborhood – and, when you sign up today, you’ll also be entered to win an iPad mini! If you share RedRover with a friend (using the ‘share’ button at sign up), you’ll be entered twice. Click here to join now, and cheers to a future of fun days with your family.
Award-Winning, 100% Organic Food for Babies & Kids that's Good in Every Sense
April 18th, 2013 | 3:00 AM
While camping with his kids, Paul Lindley needed delicious, nutritious, and convenient foods to satisfy his picky eater, Ella.
Driven by the desire to show Ella and her brother, Paddy — along with their generation – that healthy food can be fun, tasty, and cool, he came up with the idea of Ella’s Kitchen. Soon after, Lindley left his deputy position at Nickelodeon to focus on his mission.
Ella’s Kitchen – which now holds several awards – takes 100% organic, simple ingredients and packages them in a way that connects with babies and kids (ages 4 months to 4 years). Everything from the bright colors, easy-to-grab pouches, and product names attract little ones and help them develop healthy eating habits from the start.
At Ella’s Kitchen, you’ll find scrumptious flavors like:
- Pears, Pears, Pears and Apples, Apples, Apples (for early eaters)
- Bananas, Apricots, & Baby Rice (to fill up hungry tummies)
- Fruit Smoothies (Banana-Strawberry-Apple and others)
- Chick-Chick Chicken Casserole with Vegetables & Rice (for more experienced palates)
- Nibbly Fingers (wholesome snack bars)
- And more!
There are no additives (not even water!) — just pure, organic ingredients.
And, in addition to making good food, Ella’s Kitchen does their best to be good in every sense, including supporting a healthy environment and giving back to communities.
Today, we’re offering 20% off your next Ella’s Kitchen order (and free 2-day delivery for orders over $35!). Simply sign up for PlumDistrict.com, and then head over to Ella’s Kitchen on the Diapers.com website to place your order. At checkout, enter the discount code EKDIAPERS (code expires 5/30/13), and please note that there is a limit of 1 code per household, and a max discount of $20. Happy eating, little ones!
Stylish & high-performing diapers, gentle lotions, multi-purpose cleaners, & more
April 16th, 2013 | 3:00 AM
“Being a mom is the most profound experience I’ve ever had,” she says. “It’s the most satisfying experience in the world — but it can also be overwhelming and confusing,” she admits. “I created The Honest Company to help moms and to give all children a better, safer start.”
The Honest Company is a rapidly growing, one-stop-shop for eco-friendly family products, including diapers, home cleaning solutions, personal care (like soap, lotion, and sunscreen), and other everyday essentials. Not only are their non-toxic products beautifully packaged and highly effective, they’re also affordable.
We’re excited to partner with The Honest Company to offer you a special 40% OFF your first product bundle, shipped straight to your doorstep! The ordering process is easy and fast, and you can even choose your delivery date. Sign up for PlumDistrict.com, and when you’re ready to place your order with Honest, enter discount code PLUMDISTRICT40 at checkout (good until 4/30/13).
Also, when you sign up for Honest.com (no purchase necessary), you’ll be entered to win a year’s worth of Honest Company products along with a signed copy of Alba’s new book, The Honest Life (rated 5 stars on Amazon!). Click here for more info, and enjoy providing your family with quality goods that protect their health and the planet’s.
NatureBox snacks, MLB tickets from ScoreBig, Melissa & Doug's outdoor supplies, & more
April 5th, 2013 | 4:57 PM
Spring is in the air, and Plum District is blossoming with special offers for you and your family. Check out April’s lineup below, and visit Plum all month long for great savings on mom-loved brands.
- 4/5: Looking for a great beach cover-up? Grab this colorful $12 bikini wrap made of soft, premium cotton.
- 4/9: Save $15 on your first two months of all-natural snack delivery from NatureBox! Their nutritionist-approved, kid-tested snacks are perfect for lunch bags, on-the-go snacking, and gatherings.
- Mother’s Day Jumpstart (4/10 – 4/11): Beautiful, personalized jewelry and gifts.
- 4/12: $5 for $25 toward any Major League Baseball tickets from ScoreBig.com.
- Tax Day (4/15): You deserve a break! Visit us to see what’s in store for you.
- Earth Week (4/16 – 1/19)
- 4/16: We’re excited to partner with Jessica Alba’s The Honest Company to bring you eco-friendly, all-natural products for your family. Get 40% off your first bundle, plus you’ll be entered win a year’s worth Honest supplies ($500 value) and a signed copy of Jessica’s new book, The Honest Life.
- 4/16: Save on SCOUT‘s collection of stylish, reusable bags; luggage; coolers; and more. Classic, durable designs with bold patterns and gorgeous color combos!
- 4/19: Grab a discount on Melissa & Doug‘s award-winning toys; kids’ sleeping bags (summer camping!); ‘Sunny Patch’ pool toys, outdoor games, and picnic supplies; and more.
Starting 4/23, Mother’s Day deals will be in full swing, and from 4/25-4/26 we’re bringing back your favorite local camps!
An inline™ stroller that grows with your family
March 27th, 2013 | 3:00 AM
phil&teds’ products are simply brilliant. Their design team is comprised of top designers – who are also parents – and together, they’ve developed safe, ultra-adaptable strollers, car seats, and more to help you live a dynamic life with kids. All of their designs undergo a rigorous testing program (over 500 tests in any given year) and have gained certification for worldwide safety standards.
Our favorite phil&teds design? Their award-winning navigator™ buggy. It’s compact yet fully-featured, and adapts to take 1 to 2 children from newborn to 5 years. This inline™ stroller is the only stroller you’ll need; you can take it everywhere.
Today – in partnership with Diapers.com – phil&teds is offering the navigator™ add-on (which converts the stroller from a single to a double) for FREE. Valued at $140, this extension will comfortably carry your second child, enabling the stroller to grow with your family. Ready to roll? Click here to get the navigator™ and your FREE add-on extension. After you sign up, enter discount code YAYDOUBLE at checkout.
Also, see what our friends have to say about phil&teds!
- Mama 411: a fantastic local events guide for families in New York City (going mobile this spring)
- Melissa Stuff: learn more about saving money so you have room in your budget to give to worthy causes
- The Peanuts Gang: the life and times of a mom (who’s also a part-time paralegal, professor, and licensed attorney), her high school sweetheart, and their two little fellas that rule the roost. Follow them for the latest and greatest in kids’ products, activities, entertainment, and more!
An exciting variety of kids' activities and bonuses
March 24th, 2013 | 3:00 AM
Spring break and summer are fast approaching, and we’re thrilled to present you with an entire week of camp offers - all starting tomorrow (Monday).
We’ve got a great lineup of interactive, engaging camps in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, San Francisco, New York, and Denver.
Some of the activities in the mix? Dance, cheer, theater, music, cooking – and of course, lots of sports!
We’ve also got two bonuses in store for you:
- Share a camp deal with your friends, and if three of them purchase, your little camper goes FREE. (On the deal page, click “Give and Get” for more info.)
- Purchase a camp deal and you’ll also get 10% off any of our “Everywhere” camp gear deals. (Your refund of 10% will be processed by April 4, 2013.)
Check Plum District all week to find camps near you! You’ll keep money in your wallet while the kids are off making memories.