In The District:
Orange County District Consultant Stephanie shares three great arts and crafts projects using Peeps
April 3rd, 2012 | 6:00 AM
A note from Stephanie: Peeps are the delicious and absolutely adorable marshmallow candies! You’ll be thrilled to create these easy crafts with your kids. I have surrounded my home with these tasty delights and I actually enjoy Peeps even more once they’ve sat out for a while, rather than fresh out of the box!
Peep Wine Charms
- Tie a colorful string or thin ribbon onto the middle of a toothpick and insert through the center of a Peep chick or bunny.
- Pull string through to the other side and tie a bow around the base of a wine or champagne glass.
- Choose different shapes and colors for the most variety, depending on how many guests you will be entertaining.
- Keep your eye on your Peep charm during your special celebration and never lose your glass!
Easter Tree decorated with Yellow Peeps
- Find some dried branches on the ground around your neighborhood, or your own backyard.
- Spray paint and let dry overnight, or keep au natural.
- Arrange branches in a tall vase.
- Prop colorful Peeps on the branches and decorate the table for added festive flair.
- Grab a box of Peep chicks or bunnies and insert a festive plastic straw through the center of the Peep – then wipe the straw clean with a damp paper towel.
- Decorate your favorite plastic cups with these playful straws and set the kids table for sweet fun!
Stephanie is a Huntington Beach native and mother of two. She enjoys jazz music, wine, food, writing, reading, good times, and anything creative.
Now we're sharing our inspirations on Pinterest too
February 19th, 2012 | 2:37 PM
We decided at Plum District that it was time for us to get in on the action at Pinterest. This week we are kicking off our Celebrations theme on plumdistrict.com – great local offers that will help you plan any event. Our mom salesforce are now not only bringing you the best deals, but now they are sharing their online finds and creativity. Check out our party inspiration boards to find ideas for boys’ and girls’ birthday parties, gifts, adult dinner parties, and more!
January 7th, 2012 | 9:34 AM
As many of you know, Digital Doorstep, our merchant for our recent Starbucks/Fandango offer, had technical complications with providing e-gift card codes for Plum District customers. I want to start by apologizing for any inconvenience or disappointment this has caused you. Plum District’s goal as a company, and mine as CEO, is to always “Make Mom’s Day.” Clearly this offer has fallen short for our customers, and for that I am sincerely sorry.
As a result, we have worked tirelessly with the Digital Doorstep team to resolve the problem and we are relieved to report that there is a resolution. As of this evening, Digital Doorstep has assured us that all codes that have not yet been redeemed should be working now. This includes the codes that showed an “invalid code” error message or showed “already redeemed” when they were not. We have tested codes to verify this is in fact true. You should receive your e-gift cards as promised. We ask that if you are still experiencing an issue with your code, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can report any outstanding code issues to Digital Doorstep and provide you with a quick resolution.
We realize this is an inconvenience for our customers and for that we sincerely apologize. We have learned through this experience that we need to better qualify our merchant partners to ensure their ability to fully deliver a customer experience that meets our standards. At Plum District, we truly strive to delight each and every one of our customers. We take it personally when we do not meet that standard. It is our commitment to you that we will continue to strive to bring you great offers every day.
CEO, Plum District
Last minute shopping has never been so easy
December 21st, 2011 | 9:57 AM
The hustle and bustle of the holidays has a certain charm, but it can also be annoying … finding a decent parking spot at the mall … wedging your way through isles at Target … waiting outside a store at 4am to get that in-demand gift … and finally running to Walgreens at midnight on Christmas Eve because you ran out of tape while wrapping the stocking stuffers. Oh, and who can forget that pesky budget you promised to stick to, but somehow those dollars just don’t go far enough.
Plum District gets it, because we have all been there. Our lists our expanding, our budgets are tightening, and the mall is just not seeming all that appealing when you have to load and unload three kids. So we present you with our solution to last minute shopping on a budget - Print n’ Go gifts! We are totally serious – just pick out a local experience, an online deal, or a much needed vacay, and 3 clicks later you can print out a giftable voucher. Stick your voucher in an envelope, attach a bow, and you are good to go! You look like a total champ, gave someone twice the value of what you spent, saved a bundle doing it, and never had to leave the house. Take that Santa!
Our challenge to you – shop last minute … it’s easy!
Check out this adorable comic strip series that Colleen from the Web Production team created!
December 4th, 2011 | 11:37 PM
Like your local Plum District Facebook page and claim a $5 promo code now and all week. Grab a new code every day Monday 12/4/11 through Friday 12/9/11. Just click on your city below to get started. Don’t see your city? Then click Everywhere to like our national Plum District page!
Here are the rules for using your code:
Offer valid until December 11th, 2011, 11:59p at plumdistrict.com only. Limited quantities available. Cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. Discount applies to Eligible Purchases (“Eligible Purchases”) which are active deals only; not applicable towards taxes or shipping. Not valid for cash or cash equivalent. Deals cannot be put on hold during offer period. All sales are final. Offer is not transferable or valid for resale. No price adjustments are allowed on previous purchases or on purchases made with this discount. Promotion code cannot be used by multiple people and is only valid for a single purchase per person. User may claim one code per day. Promo codes may not be stacked or combined. Only 1 promo code can be used per transaction.
SF Home Team Helps Out SF Food Bank
December 1st, 2011 | 5:47 PM
Tis the season to lend a helping hand, and the Plummies from the home office did just that by donating time at the San Francisco Food Bank this week.
In just under two hours, the team was able to help provide food to more than 5,000 people in the Bay Area. From sorting donated food to bagging rice, they spread a little good cheer to the community.
We know life gets busy (especially in December), but it’s always a treat to help those in need and reflect on our blessings. It’s a wonderful life! Happy holidays!
Little Seed carries amazing eco-friendly and organic gifts for children - save on a gift basket
November 24th, 2011 | 12:22 PM
The Little Seed has a little something extra just for Plum District Moms! In addition to our great deal currently running with The Little Seed, the leading lifestyle brand for eco-friendly and organic products for children, our friend Soleil Moon Frye is offering an additional exclusive value just for Plum Moms!
Check out this special video from Little Seed founders Soleil Moon Frye and Paige Goldberg Tolmach who will introduce you to their amazing Little Seed Gift Baskets — the perfect gift for any kid in your life! And the best news, Plum District Moms get 25% off these customized baskets this week only!
Here’s how it works:
1) Watch the video to see all the amazing treats available to make a customized Little Seed gift basket
2) Go to www.littleseedbaskets.com for inspiration and to check out Little Seed’s pre-made baskets
3) Call the Little Seed at 323-462-4441 to order your basket. When you mention Plum District you will receive 25% off your order this week only.
Please note the 25% can not be applied at www.littleseedbaskets.com, you must call to place your order to receive the discount!
This is a 5-day sale you don't need to get out of bed for!
November 20th, 2011 | 11:39 PM
This holiday season we know that you are working hard to find great shopping deals so you can check off everyone on your list and still give them a fabulous gift. This year, Plum District is committed to bringing you a convenient solution to find awesome gifts and maintain your budget. Join us for SHOP ‘til you DROP this week – from Black Friday through Cyber Monday and into Tuesday we are featuring the BEST deals at a serious discount.
Stay tuned for some of your favorite local deals from merchants you love, and ones we can’t wait for you to check out. We will also be featuring some of your favorite Everywhere deals like ecomom, Abe’s Market, Kidorable, Little Seed, as well as a few others you won’t want to miss!
Just check your inbox Thursday for a special invitation to start saving ASAP, and a discount that is sure to make every mom thankful!
See what Plum District moms are saying about shopping this year
November 16th, 2011 | 5:04 PM
The holidays are here and you know what that means. It’s time to shop ’til you drop! We conducted a survey of almost 1000 Plum District members all over the country who had purchased one of our deals within the last 90 days.
Here are some of the interesting things you told us:
- During this holiday season, nine out of ten moms will purchase gifts from daily deal sites. That means the lines at the malls just dramatically decreased for the new, more convenient way to shop online because just 54% of participants actually plan on going to the mall. There’s nothing easier than clicking and saving!
- 57% of participants agreed that there is absolutely nothing wrong with re-gifting if you think someone else will appreciate a certain gift more than you. Think about your non-country loving friend winning backstage passes to meet Keith Urban, and re-gifting her winnings to you because you think Keith Urban is to die for! In a case like this, re-gifting rocks!
- Four in five moms will shop more daily deal sites this year than last year and nine in ten moms will shop online this holiday season, versus only half that plan to shop at malls.
- One out of three moms prefer to rely on the internet for gift ideas rather than listening to the suggestions of their own spouses! Shockingly, only 8% of surveyors ask their spouse for gifting ideas. No offense spouses, but the internet has millions of ideas that you may never have considered unless you stumbled upon it online! Lucky for these one out of three moms, Plum District has already organized gift lists for her, him, teachers, kids, pets, and great stocking stuffers. Doesn’t get better and more convenient than that.
So this holiday, savor the season, trim your own tree, skip the lines, and shop online at www.plumdistrict.com! Moms know the new best way to shop is online daily deal sites.
You give the gift of a Plum District voucher and we'll give you $5 Plum Dollars!
November 13th, 2011 | 10:08 PM
When it comes to the holidays there are two kinds of shoppers … the shopper who plans and the shopper who procrastinates! We’ve all been guilty of buying that last-minute gift and paying full price to avoid disappointing a loved one. This year we want to help you plan for everyone on your list and do it with savvy shopping flair! All week — Monday 11/14/11 through 11/18/11 — Plum District will give you $5 Plum Dollars for every deal you buy as a gift. Shopping and saving is just a click away!
This week you might also notice some new tags on our deals. To help you find the perfect gifts for everyone on your list, these nifty tags will keep you from having to sift through all the details to see if it is a good deal for Dad or Mom. For those of you who have a long list to keep track of, download this great little holiday checklist on REAL SIMPLE’s site. START SHOPPING NOW!
Gift and Get Terms and Conditions:
- Earn $5 Plum Dollars for every Plum Deal purchased Monday 11/14/11 12am PT through 11/18/11 11:59pm PT
- $5 Plum Dollars cannot be earned for purchasing Plum Steals
- Eligible Plum Deal may be purchased using promotional discounts and Plum Dollars
- Plum Dollars will be deposited into customer’s account within 24 hours of transaction and will not be immediately available after qualifying purchase
- No minimum or maximum purchase to qualify
- Plum Dollars will not be deposited for purchases made prior to the promotion start date or after the promotion end date