This user hasn't shared any biographical information
Win $1000 Plum Dollars - and earn more entries by referring your friends!
June 22nd, 2012 | 5:28 PM
Summer is here! Enter our Summer Fun Sweepstakes to Win $1000 Plum Dollars – and earn more entries when you refer your friends!
PLUM DISTRICT SUMMER FUN SWEEPSTAKES RULES 2012
No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Plum SUMMER FUN Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 am Pacific Time (“PT”) on 6/22/12 and ends at 11:59 pm PT on 7/08/12 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Following the Sweepstakes Period, at 11:00 am PT on 7/9/12, there will be one prize drawing (the “Drawing”), as detailed in Section 5 below.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to permanent legal US residents residing in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia), who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is greater, as of the date of their entry. Employees, non-employee workers, directors and officers of Plum District Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and/or any of its parents and advertising and promotion agencies, and members of the immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings), and/or those living in the same household of each of any of the foregoing are ineligible. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Plum District Inc., 225 Bush St., Suite 1100, San Francisco, CA 94104.
- How To Enter: Internet access is required to enter. Each person is allowed one entry into the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period, but is eligible for 3 additional entries per referred new entrant. To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period, visit contest.plumdistrict.com and enter your own, valid, monitored e-mail address. Each such registered email address constitutes one (1) entry into The Sweepstakes.
All entries must comply with these Official Rules to be eligible. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of delivery or entry during the Sweepstakes Period. All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. The computer clock of the Webmaster hosting the Sweepstakes is the official timekeeping device. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries.
- Drawing/Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”)
- Drawing: Following the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, at 10:00 am PT on 7/9/12, there will be one (1) Drawing. This Drawing will randomly select one (1) potential Prize winner from among all eligible entries received by 11:59 pm PT on 7/8/12. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a Prize are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Specific Prizes are outlined below. No substitution or exchange of Prizes will be allowed by any winner.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): A maximum of one (1) Prize will be awarded. A Prize consists of:
- . $1000 Plum Dollars for purchase of Plum Deals on www.plumdistrict.com.
- Winner Notification/Acceptance: All potential winners must comply with these Official Rules as published in order to accept a Prize and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Within one (1) business day after the Drawing, Sponsor will notify the potential Prize winners via email to the potential prize winners’ email addresses used to enter the Sweepstakes. Upon notification or notification attempt, the potential winner(s) will be required to respond to such email accepting the Prize, and providing their full name, physical mailing address, and email address, within one (1) calendar day of such notification or notification attempt. If the potential winner(s) cannot be contacted or fails to respond within these one (1) calendar days, the potential winner(s) will be disqualified and forfeit any potential Prize, and an alternate potential Prize winner will be selected and notified. If in any instance, notification attempt(s) for the potential prize winner(s) fail for any reason, or if a potential Prize winner is found to have not complied with these Official Rules, such Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among remaining eligible entries, if any. If all potential alternate winners are disqualified for a Prize, no further drawings will take place and that prize will not be awarded.
- Publicity: Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use the name, actual or simulated likenesses, biographical information, city, state, opinions, and prize information of Prize winner(s) in connection with the Sweepstakes and the exploitation thereof (including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes), in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all media, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Further, winners shall indemnify the Released Parties from any claims, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising from breach of these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to any Account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register at The Website will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
- General: By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- Limitations of Liability: Participants, by participating in the Sweepstakes, release and agree to hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all liability, claims or action of any kind whatsoever, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death and bodily injury, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and/or participating in this Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related activity, whether sponsored, held by or paid for by a third party or by Sponsor. Additionally, the Released Parties are not responsible for late, misdirected, or incomplete entries, or for any virus contracted by an entrant’s computer through participation in the Sweepstakes or viewing the rules, for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by a human or by a computer or Internet malfunction or interference, tampering, manipulation, weather or natural disaster, acts of war, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation; or for failed computer, satellite, telephone, wireless or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure. Released Parties are not responsible for any errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing, administrative or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the verification of the participant or prize or in any Sweepstakes-related activity or materials. The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, interrupted or inaccessible or unavailable network, server, wireless service, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it suspects of tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in a unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of any devices which subvert the participation process will void all participation by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, virus, bug, worms, unauthorized human intervention or any other causes which Sponsor, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and post notice of the action where they deem fit. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor may elect to award the prizes from a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to the termination. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY PROVISION IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL NOT BE DEEMED A WAIVER OF SUCH.
10. Governing Law and Venue: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
12. List of Winners: For a list of winners, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by 7/10/12 to: Plum District Summer Fun Winners, c/o Plum District, 225 Bush St., Suite 1100, San Francisco, CA 94104.
This recipe is easy, healthy, and is great for reheating!
May 31st, 2012 | 1:01 AM
Who doesn’t love a decadent quiche?! This recipe will help you cut calories without sacrificing on flavor. And for the girl on-the-go it is quick, easy, and can be your ready-made breakfast all week!
Here are a few other ideas for changing up this recipe:
- Like a little spice? Mix a teaspoon or two of hot sauce in the egg mixture.
- Give your quiche a little extra color and put a dollop of salsa on top.
- Add other veggies like zucchini, asparagus, or eggplant or try other cheeses like goat or feta to mix things up.
Almost 20,000 moms told Plum District what they want for Mother's Day and we listened!
April 26th, 2012 | 12:01 AM
Last month we launched a campaign to unravel the mysteries of Mom and her feelings about Mother’s Day. Our mission was to know more about what she really wanted on her special day – and if it really did feel “special.” We revealed that Mom is looking for the perfect blend of time for herself and time with her brood on Mother’s Day.
Among the findings:
- 75 percent claim they would prefer a handmade card over a necklace from Tiffany & Co.®
- Two thirds prefer to not pick out their own gift
- 54 percent would choose to spend quality time with their own mother versus 46 percent who would have her babysit the kids
“Some of the things we discovered in our survey were pretty surprising to us, like the fact that only 56 percent of husbands/significant others always remember Mother’s Day,” says Megan Gardner, CEO of Plum District. “What didn’t surprise us is that at the end of the day, moms might crave some ‘me’ time, but their families will always rank first.”
What sort of “me” time is Mom after?
- Eight out of ten moms would choose to sleep in versus a sunrise breakfast with the kids
- One third of moms secretly want the day to themselves
- 52 percent would use an hour to themselves for a massage, while the other 48 percent would go on a bike ride
Plum District didn’t just learn – we’ve listened! We have decided that you deserve more than a day – so we’re dedicating all of May to the “Month of Mom,” or M.O.M.. Moms across the country should expect to find offers that are just for them to enjoy and indulge in, as well as fun activities for the whole family! And to really make things exciting we have partnered with Bethenny Frankel to help make your day! From Monday, May 7, through May 13, you’ll find offers in your local city that will quite literally help you plan the “Perfect Day!” Be sure to check your inbox on Friday, May 4, for a special note and video from Bethenny just to you!
Even Mom can appreciate a great shoppertunity!
April 20th, 2012 | 10:22 AM
With Mother’s Day less than a month away, we want to give shoppers some creative and shoppertunistc ideas for gifts for Mom. We will also be doing a giveaway a day starting today through April 30th. For details of how to win be sure to follow our Facebook page. Continuing through May we have an amazing month of offers lined up for Mom. Yep – that’s right, a whole month!
Looking to get ahead of the game on your Mother’s Day shopping? Check out these great offers!
Saturday we gave back a little to our Earth and our beautiful city
April 16th, 2012 | 12:31 PM
In the spirit of Earth Day a few of us Plummies volunteered for The Natural Areas Program at Golden Gate Park. We woke up and drove to the park on this gloriously sunny Saturday morning and were greeted cheerfully by our enthusiastic and very knowledgable gardner Dylan. Dylan told us that we would be working on an area of the park called Oak Grove. He explained to us the history of Oak Grove and how he and the team at Golden Gate Park work in coordination with volunteers to restore indigenous plant life to areas of the park.
As we walked through the area, Dylan would point out rare and locally specific plants that none of us had ever heard of or realized were specific to the San Francisco area. We were quickly tasked with helping promote the growth of these plans. We put on some gloves and began working away and weeding anything that might prohibit the growth of these plants. For Maggie, Sasha and myself this was a couple hours on our Saturday well spent. It was really amazing to help contribute to beautifying such a robust little ecosystem in our big city.
Help celebrate Earth by organizing a work or family event and spend a couple hours giving back to our beautiful planet! Try searching the National Park Service or contacting your local recreation department.
Last minute shopping has never been so easy
December 21st, 2011 | 9:57 AM
The hustle and bustle of the holidays has a certain charm, but it can also be annoying … finding a decent parking spot at the mall … wedging your way through isles at Target … waiting outside a store at 4am to get that in-demand gift … and finally running to Walgreens at midnight on Christmas Eve because you ran out of tape while wrapping the stocking stuffers. Oh, and who can forget that pesky budget you promised to stick to, but somehow those dollars just don’t go far enough.
Plum District gets it, because we have all been there. Our lists our expanding, our budgets are tightening, and the mall is just not seeming all that appealing when you have to load and unload three kids. So we present you with our solution to last minute shopping on a budget - Print n’ Go gifts! We are totally serious – just pick out a local experience, an online deal, or a much needed vacay, and 3 clicks later you can print out a giftable voucher. Stick your voucher in an envelope, attach a bow, and you are good to go! You look like a total champ, gave someone twice the value of what you spent, saved a bundle doing it, and never had to leave the house. Take that Santa!
Our challenge to you – shop last minute … it’s easy!
Check out this adorable comic strip series that Colleen from the Web Production team created!
SF Home Team Helps Out SF Food Bank
December 1st, 2011 | 5:47 PM
Tis the season to lend a helping hand, and the Plummies from the home office did just that by donating time at the San Francisco Food Bank this week.
In just under two hours, the team was able to help provide food to more than 5,000 people in the Bay Area. From sorting donated food to bagging rice, they spread a little good cheer to the community.
We know life gets busy (especially in December), but it’s always a treat to help those in need and reflect on our blessings. It’s a wonderful life! Happy holidays!
See what Plum District moms are saying about shopping this year
November 16th, 2011 | 5:04 PM
The holidays are here and you know what that means. It’s time to shop ’til you drop! We conducted a survey of almost 1000 Plum District members all over the country who had purchased one of our deals within the last 90 days.
Here are some of the interesting things you told us:
- During this holiday season, nine out of ten moms will purchase gifts from daily deal sites. That means the lines at the malls just dramatically decreased for the new, more convenient way to shop online because just 54% of participants actually plan on going to the mall. There’s nothing easier than clicking and saving!
- 57% of participants agreed that there is absolutely nothing wrong with re-gifting if you think someone else will appreciate a certain gift more than you. Think about your non-country loving friend winning backstage passes to meet Keith Urban, and re-gifting her winnings to you because you think Keith Urban is to die for! In a case like this, re-gifting rocks!
- Four in five moms will shop more daily deal sites this year than last year and nine in ten moms will shop online this holiday season, versus only half that plan to shop at malls.
- One out of three moms prefer to rely on the internet for gift ideas rather than listening to the suggestions of their own spouses! Shockingly, only 8% of surveyors ask their spouse for gifting ideas. No offense spouses, but the internet has millions of ideas that you may never have considered unless you stumbled upon it online! Lucky for these one out of three moms, Plum District has already organized gift lists for her, him, teachers, kids, pets, and great stocking stuffers. Doesn’t get better and more convenient than that.
So this holiday, savor the season, trim your own tree, skip the lines, and shop online at www.plumdistrict.com! Moms know the new best way to shop is online daily deal sites.
$10 Plum Dollars Back on Tuesday, November 8th at 12:00pm PT When You Shop on Our New Mobile Site Today
November 7th, 2011 | 12:00 AM
Did you know that two thirds of moms shop with their smart phones? With today’s mom being more mobile than ever it only makes sense that Plum District have a mobile site that makes Mom’s life easier! Today we are thrilled to announce the official launch of our new mobile site. And to make things even sweeter if you shop from your mobile phone today and buy anything on our site (yes, anything!) we will deposit $10 Plum Dollars in your account on Tuesday, November 8th at 12:00pm PT. Now clicking through a deal from your email just got a whole lot easier!
Rules and Restrictions -
- Use your mobile device with web browsing that supports HTML5 and purchase anything on the site to earn your $10 Plum Dollars
- $10 will be deposited into your account by 11/8/11 at 12:00pm PT.
- Only good for purchases made 12am to 11:59pm PT Monday 11/7/11
- One $10 credit available per customer
- $10 will not be retroactively credited for any other purchases from any other devices
- For any questions or inquiries please contact email@example.com
Who doesn’t love shopping at Target?!
October 11th, 2011 | 5:40 PM
Who doesn’t love shopping at Target?! At Plum District we aim to delight, so please accept our gift of a $10 Target GiftCard® when you make one purchase of $40 or more Wednesday through Sunday. All you have to do is find a deal with a purchase price of $40 and up, enter the promo code plum10, fill out your address, and we will send you your $10 GiftCard in 20 business days.
Plum District’ s Terms and Conditions to Earn Your $10 Target GiftCard
- Promotion available Wednesday 10/12/11 12:00am PDT through Sunday 10/16/11 11:59pm PDT only
- Plum Steals are not eligible for gift with purchase.
- Only 1 GiftCard per person and per household
- No adjustments are allowed on previous purchases or on purchases made with this discount.
- Your Target GiftCard will be delivered in 10-14 business days
- The plum10 promo code may not be used more than one time by an individual.
- Not eligible for use on deals offered through Facebook.
- Cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. Discount applies to Eligible Purchases (“Eligible Purchases”) which are active deals only; not applicable towards taxes or shipping.
- Not valid for cash or cash equivalent.
- Deals cannot be put on hold during offer period. All sales are final.
- Offer is not transferable or valid for resale.
- Cost of an eligible deal must be $40 or more. Offers with a “value” of $40 or more are not eligible. For all questions and concerns regarding promotion please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Limited Quantities available
Your GiftCard® can be redeemed for merchandise or services at Target stores in the U.S. or Target.com, and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit except where required by law. No value until purchased. For balance information, visit www.Target.com/GiftCards or call 1-800-544-2943. To replace the remaining value on a lost, stolen or damaged card with the original purchase receipt, call 1-800-544-2943. See GiftCard terms and conditions.