This user hasn't shared any biographical information
Award-Winning, 100% Organic Food for Babies & Kids that's Good in Every Sense
April 18th, 2013 | 3:00 AM
While camping with his kids, Paul Lindley needed delicious, nutritious, and convenient foods to satisfy his picky eater, Ella.
Driven by the desire to show Ella and her brother, Paddy — along with their generation – that healthy food can be fun, tasty, and cool, he came up with the idea of Ella’s Kitchen. Soon after, Lindley left his deputy position at Nickelodeon to focus on his mission.
Ella’s Kitchen – which now holds several awards – takes 100% organic, simple ingredients and packages them in a way that connects with babies and kids (ages 4 months to 4 years). Everything from the bright colors, easy-to-grab pouches, and product names attract little ones and help them develop healthy eating habits from the start.
At Ella’s Kitchen, you’ll find scrumptious flavors like:
- Pears, Pears, Pears and Apples, Apples, Apples (for early eaters)
- Bananas, Apricots, & Baby Rice (to fill up hungry tummies)
- Fruit Smoothies (Banana-Strawberry-Apple and others)
- Chick-Chick Chicken Casserole with Vegetables & Rice (for more experienced palates)
- Nibbly Fingers (wholesome snack bars)
- And more!
There are no additives (not even water!) — just pure, organic ingredients.
And, in addition to making good food, Ella’s Kitchen does their best to be good in every sense, including supporting a healthy environment and giving back to communities.
Today, we’re offering 20% off your next Ella’s Kitchen order (and free 2-day delivery for orders over $35!). Simply sign up for PlumDistrict.com, and then head over to Ella’s Kitchen on the Diapers.com website to place your order. At checkout, enter the discount code EKDIAPERS (code expires 5/30/13), and please note that there is a limit of 1 code per household, and a max discount of $20. Happy eating, little ones!
Stylish & high-performing diapers, gentle lotions, multi-purpose cleaners, & more
April 16th, 2013 | 3:00 AM
“Being a mom is the most profound experience I’ve ever had,” she says. “It’s the most satisfying experience in the world — but it can also be overwhelming and confusing,” she admits. “I created The Honest Company to help moms and to give all children a better, safer start.”
The Honest Company is a rapidly growing, one-stop-shop for eco-friendly family products, including diapers, home cleaning solutions, personal care (like soap, lotion, and sunscreen), and other everyday essentials. Not only are their non-toxic products beautifully packaged and highly effective, they’re also affordable.
We’re excited to partner with The Honest Company to offer you a special 40% OFF your first product bundle, shipped straight to your doorstep! The ordering process is easy and fast, and you can even choose your delivery date. Sign up for PlumDistrict.com, and when you’re ready to place your order with Honest, enter discount code PLUMDISTRICT40 at checkout (good until 4/30/13).
Also, when you sign up for Honest.com (no purchase necessary), you’ll be entered to win a year’s worth of Honest Company products along with a signed copy of Alba’s new book, The Honest Life (rated 5 stars on Amazon!). Click here for more info, and enjoy providing your family with quality goods that protect their health and the planet’s.
NatureBox snacks, MLB tickets from ScoreBig, Melissa & Doug's outdoor supplies, & more
April 5th, 2013 | 4:57 PM
Spring is in the air, and Plum District is blossoming with special offers for you and your family. Check out April’s lineup below, and visit Plum all month long for great savings on mom-loved brands.
- 4/5: Looking for a great beach cover-up? Grab this colorful $12 bikini wrap made of soft, premium cotton.
- 4/9: Save $15 on your first two months of all-natural snack delivery from NatureBox! Their nutritionist-approved, kid-tested snacks are perfect for lunch bags, on-the-go snacking, and gatherings.
- Mother’s Day Jumpstart (4/10 – 4/11): Beautiful, personalized jewelry and gifts.
- 4/12: $5 for $25 toward any Major League Baseball tickets from ScoreBig.com.
- Tax Day (4/15): You deserve a break! Visit us to see what’s in store for you.
- Earth Week (4/16 – 1/19)
- 4/16: We’re excited to partner with Jessica Alba’s The Honest Company to bring you eco-friendly, all-natural products for your family. Get 40% off your first bundle, plus you’ll be entered win a year’s worth Honest supplies ($500 value) and a signed copy of Jessica’s new book, The Honest Life.
- 4/16: Save on SCOUT‘s collection of stylish, reusable bags; luggage; coolers; and more. Classic, durable designs with bold patterns and gorgeous color combos!
- 4/19: Grab a discount on Melissa & Doug‘s award-winning toys; kids’ sleeping bags (summer camping!); ‘Sunny Patch’ pool toys, outdoor games, and picnic supplies; and more.
Starting 4/23, Mother’s Day deals will be in full swing, and from 4/25-4/26 we’re bringing back your favorite local camps!
An inline™ stroller that grows with your family
March 27th, 2013 | 3:00 AM
phil&teds’ products are simply brilliant. Their design team is comprised of top designers – who are also parents – and together, they’ve developed safe, ultra-adaptable strollers, car seats, and more to help you live a dynamic life with kids. All of their designs undergo a rigorous testing program (over 500 tests in any given year) and have gained certification for worldwide safety standards.
Our favorite phil&teds design? Their award-winning navigator™ buggy. It’s compact yet fully-featured, and adapts to take 1 to 2 children from newborn to 5 years. This inline™ stroller is the only stroller you’ll need; you can take it everywhere.
Today – in partnership with Diapers.com – phil&teds is offering the navigator™ add-on (which converts the stroller from a single to a double) for FREE. Valued at $140, this extension will comfortably carry your second child, enabling the stroller to grow with your family. Ready to roll? Click here to get the navigator™ and your FREE add-on extension. After you sign up, enter discount code YAYDOUBLE at checkout.
Also, see what our friends have to say about phil&teds!
- Mama 411: a fantastic local events guide for families in New York City (going mobile this spring)
- Melissa Stuff: learn more about saving money so you have room in your budget to give to worthy causes
- The Peanuts Gang: the life and times of a mom (who’s also a part-time paralegal, professor, and licensed attorney), her high school sweetheart, and their two little fellas that rule the roost. Follow them for the latest and greatest in kids’ products, activities, entertainment, and more!
An exciting variety of kids' activities and bonuses
March 24th, 2013 | 3:00 AM
Spring break and summer are fast approaching, and we’re thrilled to present you with an entire week of camp offers - all starting tomorrow (Monday).
We’ve got a great lineup of interactive, engaging camps in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, San Francisco, New York, and Denver.
Some of the activities in the mix? Dance, cheer, theater, music, cooking – and of course, lots of sports!
We’ve also got two bonuses in store for you:
- Share a camp deal with your friends, and if three of them purchase, your little camper goes FREE. (On the deal page, click “Give and Get” for more info.)
- Purchase a camp deal and you’ll also get 10% off any of our “Everywhere” camp gear deals. (Your refund of 10% will be processed by April 4, 2013.)
Check Plum District all week to find camps near you! You’ll keep money in your wallet while the kids are off making memories.
Mom role model shares her Complete Face Care Collection for healthy, radiant skin
March 22nd, 2013 | 3:00 AM
Jaclyn Smith is an award-winning actress (and star of the renowned TV series, Charlie’s Angels), a designer, and business woman. She’s also a mother of two, and puts family first – always. While managing a legendary career and role as a mom, Jaclyn is able to maintain remarkable grace, style, and agelessness. Harper’s Bazaar named Jaclyn one of the “Most Beautiful People in the World.”
Jaclyn’s secret to a luminous appearance? A healthy lifestyle and a simple, daily skin care routine using her Complete Face Care Collection. “Consistency is key,” she says, “but you don’t want to be a slave to your skin care routine.”
In collaboration with her husband, Dr. Brad Allen – a renowned medical researcher – Jaclyn created this winning combination of luxurious, protective, and anti-aging skin care products. The collection features everything you need to follow the routine Jaclyn has used for 30 years. Each product has been carefully formulated using proven ingredients and advanced science, and together, they work in perfect harmony.
Today, you can get Jaclyn’s Complete Face Care Collection — a 3-month supply of 7 essential products — for just $99 (a $302 value), including free shipping. Use the coupon code PLUM99 at checkout. Order the collection here.
Colorful, customizable designs embraced by countless celebrities & customers worldwide
March 19th, 2013 | 12:00 PM
By Erin Condren
As they say, ‘Necessity is the mother of invention,’ and that sure is the case at my house and with my business! As a mom of twins, juggling my company and our busy home life can be a challenge, but it’s that controlled chaos that has inspired business ideas since the beginning. My motto is to ‘simplify and stylize’ and I’ve found that sometimes a sticker is all you need to do both.
I created gift labels for my family years ago to take the stress out of gift wrapping. A stylish sticker can jazz up any package in a jiffy and won’t fall off the gift before the party! It’s the perfect solution for a gift of wine or baked treats so the hostess isn’t wondering after the event, ‘Who brought this lovely gift?’
A return address sticker adds personality to anything your mailman will deliver! A simple little sticker really can say a lot about you and be a stylish first impression when a handwritten note or invitation arrives.
Even my iPad is in fashion and shows off my colorful style. With so many tablets at our design and marketing meetings, it’s impossible to mix them up when each one is personalized.
Stake a stylish claim on your collection of books by customizing book plates for your little reader. These stickers make great gifts for a book club host or teachers that want to add style to their study!
Until March 24th (ending at midnight, PST): Buy one sticker pack and get the second (of equal or lesser value) for FREE. Valid on Gift Labels, Address Labels, iPad Stickers, and Book Plates. Use promo code BOGOSTICKERS at checkout. You’ll also be entered to win a $500 Erin Condren gift card (to use toward anything on her site!).
March 18th, 2013 | 6:00 AM
POSH Mommy has mastered the art of customized jewelry for moms, dads, and kids.
Founder, Ali Krebs, is a mother of two who self-funded the company utilizing her personal experience and BA in Business Administration. Her husband suggested including birthstones in her jewelry, which was the first – of many – major hits. For two years, Ali handcrafted thousands of designs at home, and customers wanted more. She then partnered with Stuller, Inc. – the largest jewelry manufacturer in the world – to transform her jewelry into a high-end line. Now, POSH Mommy is sold internationally to over 40,000 stores; is worn by celebrity parents like Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck, Heidi Klum, and Nicole Kidman; and has been featured in InStyle, Us Weekly, on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and more.
Ali has expanded their Northern California headquarters to include other stylish, savvy moms. Together, they work to deliver you the best assortment of customizable jewelry, along with outstanding customer service. All of POSH Mommy’s designs are tarnish-resistant and made of sterling silver or 14K gold. They can also accommodate special requests for rose gold, 18K gold vermeil, and even genuine stones like sapphires and diamonds.
Today, we’re offering an exclusive discount for 30% off anything on POSH Mommy’s website when you use the code POSH30 (good for 10 days only). It feels good to wear your family’s names close to your heart – and they love seeing it on you!
Beat hunger with these easy recipes!
January 18th, 2013 | 6:00 AM
Life as a busy mom becomes a lot more difficult when you’ve got hungry kids on your hands. Feed yourself and your family these tasty and wholesome, on-the-go snacks before crankiness and irritability kick in!
Baked Apple Chips (Recipe)
You can also dress them up with a sprinkling of cinnamon and/or sugar.
Breakfast Parfait (Recipe)
Use a plastic cup or a mason jar (if you need a lid), and prepare this the night before.
In the morning, all you have to do is add granola, or keep plastic baggies of granola on hand to go – and don’t forget a spoon!
If you’re interested in making your own granola, check out this recipe from Food Network chef, Alton Brown. It’s the most delicious, straightforward granola recipe we’ve tried.
Combine your favorite nuts, dried fruits (even yogurt-covered raisins), and some pretzel bites, and you’ve got yourself a crowd-pleasing snack to keep everyone munching in silence.
Whole Wheat Spinach-Turkey Wrap
Apply your favorite spread (mustard, hummus, pesto, etc), to a whole wheat tortilla, layer on turkey (or meat of choice), and add spinach, tomato, or your favorite veggies.
Show the kids how to peel back the foil as they eat for a mess-free car.
Celery and Peanut Butter Jar
Also try this with apples instead of celery — or combine veggie sticks with hummus.
Mini Snack Buffet
Grab an empty ice cube tray and load it up with a colorful array of nutrition.
Strawberry-Banana Smoothie (Recipe)
Serve this in a mason jar with a handle, and hit the road!
Try swapping out bananas and strawberries for other fruits, like frozen mango, peaches, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries.
Butterfly Snack Bag
How cute is this?!
Fill up your butterfly bag with trail mix, blueberries, baby carrots, dried fruits, and your kids’ favorite snacks.
Time-saving and effective ways to stay in shape throughout the new year.
January 11th, 2013 | 9:32 AM
You may regret eating that cookie, but you won’t regret spending time on a good workout, Mom.
Getting your blood flowing and muscles working goes a long way: it prevents weight gain (or aids weight loss), combats health conditions and diseases, promotes quality sleep, boosts your energy, and improves your mood. So if you’re feeling overwhelmed or unhappy, dedicate a few minutes to moving your body!
If you don’t have one hour to work up a sweat, you’ve at least got 15 minutes – and a short workout is better than no workout.
We’ve put together some simple, time-saving, and effective tips to help you keep fitness a priority in the new year:
- Find out what motivates you: Whether it’s an upcoming reunion, a swimsuit you’ve got your eye one for summer, or the need to keep up with your active kiddos, figure out what it is that will get you moving, and keep it in mind.
- Pre-plan: Set yourself up for success! Each Sunday, make sure to schedule workouts on your calendar and stock up on plenty of healthy foods and on-the-go snacks (such as raw nuts, apples, carrots, and greek yogurt cups).
- Find a gym with childcare: And consider switching to another gym if yours doesn’t offer it. When your kids are in good hands (and nearby), you can focus your full attention on achieving your fitness goals.
- Work out at home: Who said house cleaning doesn’t qualify as working out? A good hour of scrubbing, sweeping, and polishing windows - at a brisk pace - is good for you. Put on your workout clothes and go at it! When you’re done, squeeze in this all-over body exercise for a complete workout.
- PLAY with Your Kids: Race them, be the tagger, and twirl them around in your arms. Your mind and body will thank you.
- Revisit four tried-and-true exercises: Squats, push-ups, lunges, and planks. Master these moves (in good form) and you’ll be able to squeeze in a quick, effective workout that targets all of your major muscles. Do back-to-back circuits in the morning before you shower – it’s a great way to energize for the day!
- Keep your workout bag with you: You never know when you’ll get a break in your busy schedule. Make it easy to hit the gym or outdoor trail when you want to and have time.
Once you’ve got a good workout routine, you’ll love the way you look and feel. Keep it up, and you’ll notice improved performance in other areas of your life, too. Here’s to a healthier, happier you in 2013!