This user hasn't shared any biographical information
September 25th, 2014 | 3:00 AM
Co-founded by mom and actress Kate Hudson, Fabletics offers high-quality athletic wear that looks great and fits any budget. With today’s exclusive offer for 60% off new Fabletics VIP Memberships, your first complete workout outfit is only $19.98. Click here to get started.
Fabletics’ outfits regularly start at just $49.95 with their VIP Membership – an exceptional value compared to other top brands like Lululemon, Nike, and Athleta (similar outfits would retail at more than TWICE the price).
With Fabletics, shipping and exchanges are always free, too.
Here’s how the VIP Membership works:
- Take their quick lifestyle quiz and a personal profile will be created for you.
- Receive personalized outfits each month. You’ll find new outfits hand-selected just for you and your workouts.
- Shop! Buy the outfits you love or skip the month altogether. There’s never any obligation to buy.
Click here to take their quiz and save 60% off your first outfit! (Offer expires October 6th, 2014!)
June 19th, 2014 | 3:00 AM
Go behind the scenes and meet the Creativebug Team here!
With a full-time job and two kids, Jeanne Lewis struggled to feed her creative side and find fun projects to do with her little ones. After teaming up with her cousin, she launched Creativebug, an online resource for DIY video classes and projects in sewing, jewelry making, paper arts, and much more.
Members can enjoy over 300 video classes led by some of the most inspiring designers and crafters featured on shows like HGTV and Martha Stewart Living. New classes are added weekly. With crafts for all ages and interests, Jean says,
‘It’s a downright thrill connecting people to the satisfaction of making something by hand, and providing them with the type of instruction that feels like you are learning alongside a friend.”
Whether you’re an accomplished artist or just getting acquainted with a glue gun, Creativebug’s classes provide project ideas, expert guidance, and a healthy dose of creative inspiration. Their mission is to be your go-to source for online art and craft instruction.
Want to learn how to crochet after the little ones go to bed? Craving to sit down with an easel and paintbrush? Once you become a member, you’ll have unlimited access to all classes. Each class is broken down into video segments so you can skip ahead or watch a video again and again until you master a technique.
They also strive to make a difference by donating 5% of all subscription revenues to non-profit art organizations.
May 9th, 2014 | 12:06 PM
May 8th, 2014 | 10:58 AM
Even the little ones will get excited about this Mother’s Day Brunch menu. Hand these recipes over to Dad, or gather everyone in the kitchen for a Mother’s Day cooking party! We wish you all a wonderful and delicious Sunday morning with your family.
April 17th, 2014 | 12:54 PM
Today, Plum District’s kicking off Summer Camps and Camp Gear! We’re lining up everything from traditional day camps and enrichment programs to sports and performing arts camps, so you can sign up your little ones for an incredible summer. Check in with us often so you don’t miss anything!
Here are 10 questions to ask before signing up your little one – to help ensure they have a healthy, happy summer camp experience:
1) Is my child ready for summer camp?
- Assess your child’s maturity and social skills. Do they relate well and have good friends? Are they amenable and agreeable? If so, they’re already off to a good start.
- Next, your child should have the basic skills needed for the camp you’re considering (computer knowledge, sports skills, etc).
- For overnight camps: Has your child had positive sleepover experiences with friends or relatives? If so, they’ll probably be just fine. If they’re excited about the idea of going away, that’s a good sign.
2) What camp is best for my child?
- Choose a subject your child is comfortable with, and something they’re naturally interested in. Don’t send them off to computer camp if they’d rather be playing basketball. They won’t be a happy camper.
3) What about cost?
- Start with tuition, then find out if there are extra fees for activities, meals, transportation, or extended hours. Can you afford the total amount?
- Check to see if it’s a half-day or full-day camp, and look at the program cost per hour. What will my child do during those hours? What will my child take away when camp’s over?
- Most camps offer financial assistance. Inquire sooner rather than later if you need a helping hand. Options may include: financial aid, scholarships, deferred payment plans, sliding scale tuition, and discounts for bringing a friend.
4) What’s the camp’s philosophy?
- It should be one you’re comfortable with as a parent. Think about the kind of experience you want your child to have.
- Some questions to ask: Is the camp interactive and hands on? Is it focused on collaboration or competition? Do campers apply concepts to real word situations? Is there much unstructured social time?
- Speak with a camp official if that would be helpful.
5) Who’s leading the camp?
- Find out the Director’s background and how long they’ve been directing the camp.
- As for staff, some camps employ high school and college students – others require college degrees, more experience, and various certifications. High school and college students can make great counselors, but make sure they’re engaged and interested in interacting with children rather than just trying to make some summer money.
6) What’s the ratio of staff to campers?
- ACA guidelines for overnight camps call for a 1:6 ratio for ages 7-8, 1:8 for ages 9-14, and 1:10 for ages 15-18. Day camp guidelines call for 1:8 for ages 6-8, 1:10 for ages 9-14, and 1:12 for ages 15-18.
7) What procedures are in place to keep my child safe?
- All staff should have background checks and be trained in CPR and First Aid.
- EMTs should be nearby.
- Lifeguards should be present at camps involving water.
- If transportation is necessary, all drivers should be licensed and trained, and all vehicles inspected.
8) What things are most important to you personally?
- For some parents, it’s the quality of facilities. For others, food allergy prevention is critical. If you’re religious, are there services?
- Think about what you and your child must have, and if the camp provides that.
9) What’s the camp’s approach to discipline and how is conflict handled between campers?
- Find out what the camp rules are. The camps practices should generally be in line with your parenting practices.
- Ask a camp official about conflict resolution. If conflict does occur, it’s important that counselors treat it as a ‘growth opportunity’. They should ask the campers how the conflict arose, how it could’ve been handled differently, and how to move forward in a positive way.
10) What do others say about the camp?
- Learn about it’s reputation: it’s return rates, accreditation status, and references.
- For camper return rate, 50% is good (more is better, of course).
- For staff return rate, anywhere between 40-60% is common. A high return rate suggests the camp is well-managed and can help preserve the traditions that create bonding among campers. If the rate is lower, ask why.
- Do a site visit, tour the camp, and get a sense of whether or not the kids are happy and engaged. There’s nothing like seeing it in action!
April 4th, 2014 | 3:00 AM
These delightful recipes are fun to make together in the kitchen — or, create them ahead of time and bring them out for the children on Easter day!
March 25th, 2014 | 3:22 PM
February 24th, 2014 | 3:00 AM
At Plum District, we understand what it’s like to raise a family. Each and every day, our focus is to bring you and your little ones well-loved brands, inspirations, and fun activities in your very own neighborhood.
Right now, we’re preparing an exciting few months ahead for Plum Members, featuring:
- Even bigger brands (like Disney!), better savings, special giveaways, new products, and more surprises — plus, SUMMER CAMPS for 2014
We’re lining up everything from traditional day camps and enrichment programs to sports and performing arts camps, so you can sign up your little ones for an incredible summer.
And don’t forget about our regular Plum Coupons (offers that cost nothing!) and Plum Finds (products you didn’t know you needed that now you can’t live without!).
Keep checking your daily email and PlumDistrict.com often so you don’t miss anything.
And if you haven’t already – LIKE us on Facebook for Facebook-exclusive discounts, product highlights, and more!
Thank you all for being loyal Plum District Members. We look forward to sharing an exciting journey ahead.
January 27th, 2014 | 12:00 PM
We’re thrilled that Boppy® selected us as a preferred partner to help them celebrate 25 years of providing the very best infant support pillows!
A favorite among moms and little ones during the first year, the Boppy Pillow lifts baby to an ergonomic position for comfortable feeding, and transitions to the perfect spot for propping, tummy time, and learning to sit. Plus, it features a washable slipcover (in many adorable designs) for easy cleaning.
Today, in celebration of their birthday, Boppy is offering Plum Moms 25% off any one Boppy product! Browse their infant support pillows and award winners, and also check out their play mats, baby chairs, prenatal body pillows, and more. For a limited time, they’re also giving away $60 in-pack gifts inside specially marked Boppy Pillows! Visit www.Boppy.com to start shopping and use code ’25PLUM’ at checkout. (Expires 03/31/14).
January 23rd, 2014 | 3:00 AM
Blue Apron delivers weekly recipes and all the fresh, pre-portioned ingredients you need to cook gourmet meals at home.
Why does Plum District love Blue Apron?
They do all the recipe planning and shopping so you can do more of what you love: cooking at home with your family! In addition to saving time, Blue Apron teaches you and your little chefs how to prepare new, delicious meals — helping you broaden your cooking skills and bring fresh variety to the table.
Today, Blue Apron is offering an exclusive 35% OFF your first box (under $7 per meal!) – click here to sign up and bon appétit!