Health and Fitness Tips for Busy Moms
Time-saving and effective ways to stay in shape throughout the new year.
You may regret eating that cookie, but you won’t regret spending time on a good workout, Mom.
Getting your blood flowing and muscles working goes a long way: it prevents weight gain (or aids weight loss), combats health conditions and diseases, promotes quality sleep, boosts your energy, and improves your mood. So if you’re feeling overwhelmed or unhappy, dedicate a few minutes to moving your body!
If you don’t have one hour to work up a sweat, you’ve at least got 15 minutes – and a short workout is better than no workout.
We’ve put together some simple, time-saving, and effective tips to help you keep fitness a priority in the new year:
- Find out what motivates you: Whether it’s an upcoming reunion, a swimsuit you’ve got your eye one for summer, or the need to keep up with your active kiddos, figure out what it is that will get you moving, and keep it in mind.
- Pre-plan: Set yourself up for success! Each Sunday, make sure to schedule workouts on your calendar and stock up on plenty of healthy foods and on-the-go snacks (such as raw nuts, apples, carrots, and greek yogurt cups).
- Find a gym with childcare: And consider switching to another gym if yours doesn’t offer it. When your kids are in good hands (and nearby), you can focus your full attention on achieving your fitness goals.
- Work out at home: Who said house cleaning doesn’t qualify as working out? A good hour of scrubbing, sweeping, and polishing windows - at a brisk pace - is good for you. Put on your workout clothes and go at it! When you’re done, squeeze in this all-over body exercise for a complete workout.
- PLAY with Your Kids: Race them, be the tagger, and twirl them around in your arms. Your mind and body will thank you.
- Revisit four tried-and-true exercises: Squats, push-ups, lunges, and planks. Master these moves (in good form) and you’ll be able to squeeze in a quick, effective workout that targets all of your major muscles. Do back-to-back circuits in the morning before you shower – it’s a great way to energize for the day!
- Keep your workout bag with you: You never know when you’ll get a break in your busy schedule. Make it easy to hit the gym or outdoor trail when you want to and have time.
Once you’ve got a good workout routine, you’ll love the way you look and feel. Keep it up, and you’ll notice improved performance in other areas of your life, too. Here’s to a healthier, happier you in 2013!
|Print article||By Katie Virk | Posted in In The District | RSS 2.0.|
Comments are closed.