Creative Beach Cover-Ups
Easy ways to look chic while you're covered up poolside this summer!
Summer is upon us and that means there are all sorts of fun in the sun activities on the horizon that require a bathing suit. That’s why I’m always in search of the perfect beach cover-up to complete my summer wardrobe. What most people don’t realize is that cover-ups don’t have to cost much – if anything – and many can be altered from items already in your closet! Below are a few of my favorite creative and chic ways to cover all of your assets while lounging poolside this season.
- The Boyfriend Shirt: I use my hubby’s retired work shirts and they are perfect for an effortless and stylish look at the pool! Take an oversized, cotton flannel, button it halfway. roll up the sleeves three-quarters and voila! This is a fantastic way to look relaxed – covered – and most of us have a few of these lying around the house.
- Oversized Tee: An off-the-shoulder T-shirt, especially with a vintage feel, is a perfect cover for the mom who likes a little edge. Note: For people needing more bottom coverage, be sure to start with a T-shirt that is long enough to cover target areas.
- Cute Skirts: A skirt is a perfect cover-up for the hips, thighs, and butt. It looks especially great with a super-cute bikini top! Find one in a bright color that matches your suit or throw on a denim one. Jeans make everything look chic!
- Scarf Vest: The scarf vest is a fun way to incorporate your favorite scarf into your summer wardrobe. And, as an added bonus, the scarf vest can be used all year – synch it at the waist with a belt over a knit top with jeans for a great fall look! For step-by-step instructions on how to make your scarf vest coverup check out this link.
- Summer Dress: Your favorite sundress can also be your favorite cover-up! There are styles to fit all body types and tastes and it is perfect when you need to make a quick conversion if you have plans for dinner or something more formal post-beach.
Gigi G. is a district consultant in the San Francisco Bay area. When she’s not sourcing great deals, you’ll find her in a stylish cover-up enjoying the California sun.
|Print article||By Maggie Grainger | Posted in In The District | RSS 2.0.|
Comments are closed.