Now Featuring Facebook Connect
We recently added Facebook Connect to Plum District. This allows you to login to Plum District with one click by using your Facebook account whether you are new to The District or a long time user. One less username and password to create and remember.
The First Time You Login
Here’s how it works the first time you login with Facebook Connect:
1. Click the Facebook Connect icon whenever you need to login to Plum District–either from the header of our site or on the login page when you buy, refer friends, or view your account.
2. If you are not already logged into Facebook on your computer, you will be presented with the Facebook login screen. If you are logged into Facebook, you’ll go straight to #3 below.
3. Facebook will ask you for your permission to share information with Plum District. Click Allow to share this information with us (or Don’t Allow if you don’t want to).
What Permissions Are We Asking For?
We ask for the basic information that your Facebook account is set to share with Everyone, so we are not collecting anything you haven’t already made public. The key info that we use to deliver our service to are the following:
- Name: Your first and last name which we need when you buy a deal.
- Gender: We use this data in aggregate so that we know our audience by percent female versus male.
- Send Email: This is to for send you the daily deal for the District(s) to which subscribe and to send a confirmation email when you buy on our site or earn Plum Dollars from referring friends.
The Second and Subsequent Times You Login with Facebook Connect
Any subsequent time that you want to login to Plum District, simply click the Facebook Connect icon, and (if you are logged into Facebook on your computer), wham! You are logged in to Plum District. One click. No typing.
If you are not logged into Facebook, just enter your Facebook username and password on the login screen, then, wham! One click. A little typing.
We’re excited to offer you this simple, fast, and easy way to join the District!
|Print article||By Plum District | Posted in In The District | RSS 2.0.|
Comments are closed.